Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Bartender

Default RE: Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Respect your fellow hunters hands down. All forms of hunting regardless if you agree or not its hunting.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is a real good thread. I couldn't even begin to recall every time someone helped me on here.
I started herea long time back and I learned that while I was fairly successful, there was so much I did not know. I changed my hunting tactics and focused on older bucks. I gained confidence and a positive attitude. I tried to take stories of others success and apply what they did to my hunting style. I've gotten great advice on gear bow tuning and other things.

I've hunted with guys from here and learned a great deal from them. From experiencing new tactics on how to hunt a particular critter, to just being reminded to not over look the basic premise of sneaking thru the woods.

I've made what I hope to be lifelong friendships.

I've learned to be more open to different styles of hunting around the country.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have learned alot on the technical side from this site. Learned some great recepies, and for the most part enjoy all the members. I will say that there are 4 guys on here that I pay close attention to when they post. Greg H., Shedd, TJF, and Teejay.I don't really communicate back and fourth with them on a personal level but I can tell from their writings that they approach the game alot like me. Many others have much to offer but these are my Huckelberrys. That's Gospel!
Old 03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

THE RECOVERY THREAD!!! It might be the single most helpful post on the whole site. Thanks Rob
Old 03-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have definately picked up a good amount of tech info that is/was very useful. There are definately a few guys on here that when they post, you want to pay attention to what they have to say (knowledgable). The entertainment factor ( stories, some healthy debating) is also a great reason to come here. All in all a pretty decent bunch of guys sharing the passion that is bowhunting.

Shane
Old 03-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Bartender

P.S.-I would like to add recovery thread also.
P.S.S.-On a lighter note I really like the spooning info.
ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Respect your fellow hunters hands down. All forms of hunting regardless if you agree or not its hunting.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 PM

I have to say thanks to all you guys. I don't place many threads but when i do
sombody allways has good advice or the awnser. I learn as much from the
questions and awnsers you all post as from anything i post.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM

I can't even begin to start a list of all the things I've learned here at HNI.

I absolutely learn something new every day I visit this forum. 90% of the technical information I now know was learned here.

I've created friendships here that will hopefully extend past the internet within the next couple years. HNI is my second family, my home away from home.

You're darn right I've benefited from other HNI members.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps not quite what Troy was asking, but I have found it particularly invaluable when finding myself thinking about trying new products or brands. I will also be visiting the Big Game Hunting forum more again before I plan my next elk hunt, lots of experiences to take in.

One biggie for me is...........when I find myself getting lazy and not doing the things I used to do, the photos and stories posted pushes me.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Maybe the biggest thing I've picked up from this site is that bowhunter's are probably my favorite people. Some really good guys here and alot of them have forgot more than I'll ever know about archery. I would enjoy hunting with just about everybody here. It's easy to get into cyberspace boxing matches but the reality is we're all just trying to make it to another day in the woods.

Quick Reply: Have you benefited from other HNI bowhunters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.