Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some advice on a new bow, Switchback vs. trykon

Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need some advice on a new bow, Switchback vs. trykon

I'm to the point where i definitly need a new bow, mine is way too loud, its about 20 years old, and it cost me 2 deer last year because of its noise, I want a quiet bow, but smooth shooting at about 60- 70 lb draw, i'm kinda of a dumb Sh** when it comes to all of the upgrades and such. so i know its goign to end up running me about a grand, just let me know which you think is beetter

Old 03-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Need some advice on a new bow, Switchback vs. trykon

It'll be interesing to see where this one goes......but if everyone will limit their responses to the two bows you mentioned.....my bet's on the Switchback (and yes....I've shot both of them).

My opinion.....but there are better bows in BOTH lines.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:38 AM

Default RE: Need some advice on a new bow, Switchback vs. trykon

ORIGINAL: bushmaster_5bko

I'm to the point where i definitly need a new bow, mine is way too loud, its about 20 years old, and it cost me 2 deer last year because of its noise, I want a quiet bow, but smooth shooting at about 60- 70 lb draw, i'm kinda of a dumb Sh** when it comes to all of the upgrades and such. so i know its goign to end up running me about a grand, just let me know which you think is beetter
Why only limit yourself to these two bows?
What about.....

Darton
Ross
Reflex
PSE
Bowtech
And all the others I forgot to mention....

Choosing a bow is FUN....at least for me. I love shooting as many bows as I can and finding the right one for me. It actually took me two full years until I found my current bow, the Darton Pro3000. True, I did buy five bows before I got the Darton, but they all went the way of Ebay.
Have some fun and shoot a bunch of bows