Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy 3 blade vs. G5 Montec

Old 03-07-2007, 11:40 PM

Default RE: Muzzy 3 blade vs. G5 Montec

To Kodiak... I can see your point... "necessity" is not the correct term. Shot placement is the single most important part of our sport without question, and that is why we practice, learn, and think about it daily. My hunting life was shaped by respect for the animal, and I am simply putting forth my take on the issue and the approach that I use for equipment selection,but I'mnot saying that you can't kill game unless you follow my specific rules... that would be pure arrogance on my part.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:18 AM

I prefer the cut on contact blades myself.
If you want replaceable blades in a G5, look at the Strikers. Pretty much the same design as the Montec but with replaceable blades.

Lot's of good broadheads out there and if they shoot good out of your bow,all of them will kill deer.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

I personaly think the montec's fly better, and they are tougher. Nothing against muzzy's I shot them for several years but the blades will bend and fold even on rib shots,and furrels bend easy also.The montec is all one piece injection molded steel and resharpens very easiely.
I feel exactly the same.

I shot muzzys at the begining of this year and never could get them to fly just right.

I shot through a nice buck, double lunged him and didnt hit the shoulder and my blades were alll bent and wavy...
Old 03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

i've shot both and prefer being able to run the blades against a stone and get them sharp again, vs replacing blades.