Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times on one stand?

Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many times on one stand?

I was just wondering what your thoughts were on this topic. I try to stay put while there are bucks or does an bucksin the area. If I am seeing just a few does in the area an no bucks. I can not help but think that the bucks are chasing ahot doe(s) somewhere else close. I washunting an area this pastnovemberan were seeing about 4to 7 bucks for about 3 days in a row. The next day the area had dried up. I went across the cutover about a 3/4 mile away an started seeing bucks chasing does again.The next time this happens an I know a good area near by I will not hesitate to do the same again.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a plan Bow Huntert, gotta see um to shoot um.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it really depends. If you know it's a good spot, and the rut is on, sometimes it can be hit or miss. Sometimes moving is best though. Just depends on the spot, and the conditions...
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kshunter

Just depends on the spot, and the conditions...
10-4 ...a couple of spots I hunt allow me the perfect entry priorand exit after the hunt. Theseare pre and post rut spots on know buck bedding areas. Ialmost always get the right wind if I play the thermals right. The funny thing is..30 yards away due to "structure" the wind would be completely wrong. (wind banking off of a ridge point) all this to say...some spots once found can be hunted over and over and the the deer never pick up on me. Others, I really have to give them a rest after a day or two..