Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quotes that get you in the mood to hunt.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Quotes that get you in the mood to hunt.

Moving out to Colorado in 117 days (not counting or anything) and I have been immersing myself in all things hunting. Jerimiah Johnson is, well, constantly spinning in my DVD player.
For those of you who havent seen it...what the heck is wrong with you?
Those of you that have, here are a few quotes that always get me in the mood to pick up the bow and run into the hills.

"I ain't never seen 'em, but my common sense tells me the Andes is foothills, and the Alps is for children to climb! Keep good care of your hair! These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here! And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent..."

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads. I lodge-poled her at Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun. But don't get me wrong; I loves the womens, I surely do. But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it."

"Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was write. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Take them as you will, they inspire me to pick up my bow, practice, and most importantly...it keeps mefocused on myhunting dreams.

Lets hear some of your favorite hunting quotes.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quotes that get you in the mood to hunt.

ok.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Great movie!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

So is (dancing with wolves). I think that is the name of it.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome movie indeed. based on a true story. do some research on jerimiah johnoson and "liver eating johnson"...
Old 03-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Quote that get's me in the mood to hunt is from my wall calendar...

"OCTOBER 1st"