Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BEST BLEEDERS

Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 AM

Default RE: BEST BLEEDERS

my 3 blade 100gr. muzzy have left a good trail every time so far for me
Old 03-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best blood trail comes from a well placed shot. Take any broadhead you like.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, you hit an animal where it counts and anything will leave a blood trail. That being said, i have only great things to say about NAP Spitfires.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

The best blood trail comes from a well placed shot. Take any broadhead you like.
You took the words right out of my mouth, well said.................Although, back in the day there was the Anderson broadhead, some of the older guys will remember. They had the largest cutting blades on the market, they were huge. Eventually they were discontinued because they flew so bad.(or at least that's why I think they were)
Old 03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

I have mixed feelings on this topic. I saw 3 deer that I shot go down within my sight, this year. Of the two that didn't........1 was a complete passthru.....(see 1st photo)

The other was a shoulder hit that penetrated both sides of the deer......but did not get full arrow penetration.........(see 2nd photo)

In both instances......the blood trail was NOWHERE NEAR what I would expect for an animal that died inside 40 yds and 110 yds, respectively. The trails were sparse.

I use the muzzy 3-blade in 125gr. I've recovered every deer I shot with them......so I won't be switching any time soon.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

My vote would have to be for the wasp jackhammer, I have killed 5 deer with them now and they all were awesome. If you have any doughts check out Todd's blood trail in the new video its so wide he has trouble telling which way the buck ran.. Walt
Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Hypershock by aftershock archery. Expanables that expend after going in 1 inch so they dont deflect ever. 2 inch. cutting diameter. But best blood trail is shoot them in the heart and tip doesnt matter as much.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:52 PM

Crimson Talons are the worst broadheads... they break, they come dual.... GO WITH THE GRIM REAPER!!! they are awesome!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personaly i prefer G5 Strikers, but I would think the bigger the cutting diameter the more the deer would bleed with a well placed shot. So if you want blood trails a blind man could follow try an expandable with 2 inch or bigger cut as long as your set up will get sufficiant penetration.

Quick Reply: BEST BLEEDERS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.