Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Cheating
14.49%
Fair Play
85.51%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

getting out early after the atlers drop is the best time. nothing has started chewing on them. and they still have their color. its rare to find one near a road right after the season ends. Its like saying that the guys that go into the brush and find the best place to hunt it cheating. compared to the guys that drive down roads looking for a deer to shoot. Its not real if you don't get out and look
Old 03-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy covering my hunting properties on foot, you will learn more, and it's great exercise. They're is nothing like knowing you earned every shed!
Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's only cheating if you get caught.No but seriously, I feed the deer throughout the winter and I have found lot's of shed's around my feeder's is this cheating?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gri22ly

It's only cheating if you get caught.No but seriously, I feed the deer throughout the winter and I have found lot's of shed's around my feeder's is this cheating?
Well it does give you an unfair advantage...so I guess that makes you a cheater!!

Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, this is seriously pointless. Theres no rule or regulations in shed hunting. However you find the most is the best way to do it...so long as your not traspassing, etc.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must agree - pointless...

Get a life!
Old 03-06-2007, 06:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Unless the sheds are in a high-fence area.....I'd say it's still "fair looking".

I do agree that if the sheds are found in a suburban area that they should have points deducted - due to the over-simplification of the process (hell....they 'practically' check their sheds at the park entrances and the caddy shacks ).

All in all.....as long as you're not finding more sheds than me, though.....your search methods won't be scrutinized, much.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont worry about it here Fran, sleds and atvs have a hard time with 45% grades, thick brush, blowdowned and windfalls in the thick timber... Sure the fields in the valleysget hit by the sledders and atv'ers and they always will. Most of the bones I find arein rugged areas that are simply impassible by any vehicles and are hard to get to southerns.

I wear out a pair of boots at least every other season andsome seasons, year to year. Tried most brands..doesnt seem to matter on the make of boots.

When I went up to Saskatchewan a couple years ago to shed hunt for a week; all the fields had been covered by sleds (snowmobiles) every shed I found was in the timber except for 3 I found in a standing flax field where the sledders didnt run it over. I know I missed out on all the easy shed pick-ups. Do I blame guys for using sleds in flat ground in the winter, Not really, you can cover a lot of ground fast on picking up the easy ones that lay out in the open. Binocs go a long ways in open country too..whether its flat or steep as long as its open.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster_27

wow lol never heard of cheating while looking for sheds.its a little childish i think.
Yeah...thats pretty gay.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Fork Horn

whatever works best works why not take advantage of it

Quick Reply: Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.