Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Cheating
14.49%
Fair Play
85.51%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

Old 03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

All I know is that if you are going to be doing all this shed hunting on foot....I am going to need an ATV just to keep up with you in turkey season.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Spike

Who gives a ratts arse if you use a atv to shed hunt as long as you have permission to be on the property. I do everything by foot because i do not have a quad but if i had one i would use it!!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster_27

wow lol never heard of cheating while looking for sheds.its a little childish i think.

100% agree....and isn't that a quad or sled thatthe author has his sheds tied to? I wonder if the author "cheats" while getting to his favorite hunting spot by driving his truck, when he should either be walking or by horseback...What a joke!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

ummm....who cares? I am a hoofer, although if I had an atv I sure the heck would use it
Old 03-04-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hshed hunt on foot mostly but using an ATV to cover large fields and what not can be effective sometime.

You should do whatever you can to find as many as you can, since 4 wheelers arent illeagl inshed hunting...why not. You could say your cheating yourself by not using it to your advantage
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We walk. I guess we are old schooled too. I could careless if someone uses a Quad or Sled on there own land or land they have permission. We will always find more sheds if not most of them if we are competing against someone that runs a Quad or Sled. You just can't beat walking.

I hate the lazy SOBs that run on land they don't have permission and push the deer out when they are shedding. Which generally is the case here if someone is running a Quad or Sled. Posted signs mean nothing for some reason to them. I've always respected a landowner's place and treat it like mine.Killing off his alfalfa from sledding acrossed it or rutting up their fields in the springs with Quads just shows no respect.

Tim
Old 03-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personaly like the exercise, just ask my heal spur[8D]but use an atv to get to the areasometimes.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Banned

I like to do it on foot;leaves me more money to give to theNRA and to buy more Assault rifles.[8D]
Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

find them any way you want it don't matter

[/align]
Old 03-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not cheating to me, and we only walk only becaus ewe are filming all of it. Believe me if I could ride I would but you wouldn't get a sled or atv where we shed hunt.. Walt

Quick Reply: Shed Hunting -- Cheaters?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.