Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rest help

Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rest help

When i shoot my bow the arrow falls off the rest when i draw, almost every time. It's a quicktune rest but i think it's supposed to be a fall away? it just sits in the upright position the whole time. How do i stop this from happening?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rest help

Need more informationlike what model of quicktune rest. Also some pictures would be nice. It sounds to me like you just have a prong type rest (not a drop away). However, I have been known to be wrong a time or two. If you are using a release and you have a slow steady draw you shouldn't be having this problem.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had that happen once a looooong time ago. Then I bought a Wisker Bisquit and it hasn't happened since!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

It might be as simple as adjusting your prongs open wider so your arrow sets down in further.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I believe the common way of adjusting prong-style rests like that is to adjust the spring tension until you can physically push the arrow down and it raises back up to its top position on its own without "bouncing" the arrow off the rest... sorta like setting the drag on a baitcaster; you turn it so that you can release the lure and it freefalls to the ground and the spool stops spinning once it touches the ground.

Definitely look at the width of your prongs as well, and how deep your arrow sits between those.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll look at it, the arrow just seemed to barely be sitting on the top of the rest, thanks for the help!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:25 PM

Do you think your whisker bisquit slows your arrow down? if so how much
Old 03-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

It might lose me a fewfps but the deer haven't noticed!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

try switching to a WB, they work great and the arrow never falls out unless your arrows are for some reason way to short.

also you could look at the ripcord drop away rest, it works great and it doesnt allow the arrow to fall out.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like you might be over bowed a bit. If you can't draw it smoothly than that would be a possibility.

Quick Reply: Rest help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.