Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SOLD MY ROSS!

Old 03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Site Bouncer

Default SOLD MY ROSS!

Well I actually traded it for anall original1974 Colt AR15 SP1.

I really liked that bow....but I couldn't pass this deal up. I can allways buy another Ross.

The guy traded me straight up! I almost felt bad making the deal.....almost.

Here is a pic

Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: SOLD MY ROSS!

What!?

That's not a hunting rifle, come on now!

I can't say that I would have done the same with my Allegiance, but that sure would be a fun rifle to have around. Have fun with it!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is one serious lead slinger there, as long as your happy
Old 03-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Site Bouncer

Thanks all,

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I can't say that I would have done the same with my Allegiance, but that sure would be a fun rifle to have around. Have fun with it!
I bet you would if you knew how much these go for in their original condition. I was getting well over two to one on my money for what I paid for the Ross.

I have other AR's to shoot, this one is "old school" and while I will put some rounds through it, itwon't be a "shooter".

I even got the original scope and slingthat came with it from Colt.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was a good trade, for sure a collectors item.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

That was a good trade, for sure a collectors item.
Thanks Sliver,

I just spent the last few hours breaking it down and cleaning it. The rifle itself is in excellent shape. One of the two magazines (the one in the photo) has the finish worn off but the other looks like new. I suspect only the one was used when this rifle was fired. All parts match and look to be original.

I had been looking for an original "slab side"non forward assist AR 15 SP1for a while now. Either they were in bad shape, mixed matched or over priced. My wait paid off.

It cost me my Ross but like I said I can go down to my Pro Shop tomorrow and pick up another, but these AR's(in this condition) are getting harder and harder to find.

That being said, I think I will hold off on buying another Ross or any bow for that matter. While I loved everthing about it I found myself shooting my Bowtech and Browning more so it's really not missed all that much......for now.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:25 PM

You made a GREAT deal...........Like you said, bows are a dime a dozen and you can go out tomorrow and get another one that looks just like it if you want.

Sweet rifle.........I hope Jim Zumbosees this thread
Old 03-03-2007, 12:04 AM

Now that looks like fun.

Great lookin' rifle.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

how many feakin bows do you have.... couple ar's, bowtech, browniing, HAD a ross..... holy cow.. must be nice to own 1 of every different kind
Old 03-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MdDave

how many feakin bows do you have.... couple ar's, bowtech, browniing, HAD a ross..... holy cow.. must be nice to own 1 of every different kind
LOL

MdDave,

I think you would be surprised to find out just how I"acquired" someof the bows I have. First I will say, the Ross was the first and onlybrand new bow I have ever bought.I sold the Ross because of the extenuating circumstance listed above. I still have my first compound bow that I hunted with back in college (late 80's)

My Brownings: late 80's Trophy Magnum II, early 90's Boss Tracker, late 90's Blood Brother, 2005 Rage One and 2005 Oasis were bows I purchasedover the years.All were used andone (Rage One) Ievenfound in a garbage can.

My 2006 Bowtech/Diamond I actually purchased in a garage sale for $65.00!!

So as you can see besides the Ross I tend to buy used and keep them.

The firearms on the other hand are a different story for a different for forum.Let just say I come from a family and extended family of collectors.

Quick Reply: SOLD MY ROSS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.