Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM

Default RE: What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Does this mean that zdeeerslayer isn't going to be my evening internet buddy either???
Old 03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fechmupbud

If Hunter Dan, teenager, I know more than you, and you, and you... says that ethics are personal, then the same could be said about other issues in ethics. Right? There are literally tens of thousands of COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE courses (got that Hanson? - college) that deal with ethics - all of which cause debates similar to this ongoing debacle. Abortion, religion, business, etc... Appearantly this kid who has more worthless, uninformative, posts than most of the members on here combined, has it all figured out and we should just shut up because he's better than us.Kid, you need to spend some time living life before yougo disrespectfully dismissing people all across the country for thinking differently than you.Some of us areeagerly awaiting March 11 when we'll get an extrahour of daylight to spend in the fields, woods, marshes, bays, andoceansaccessible to us, and don't have time toconstantlypatrol various forumsdismissingnumerous members as inferior.
Wow ...pretty serious post there fech .... why is it not alright for him to make a statement? The truth of the matter is that there are WAY to many people making judgemental statements as to how people hunt .... not wise ... Wash, as well as many on the forums are sick and tired of the division. If you don't like the tone of his post, why not just respond kindly ....yaknow, kinda like you wanted him to .....
Old 03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

85 yards.... that's nothin! My max range is 367.5 yards. I use my 43rd sight pin and require FAA clearance to shoot.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe if I point it due west,it'll hit me in the butt eventually!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

If Hunter Dan, teenager, I know more than you, and you, and you... says that ethics are personal, then the same could be said about other issues in ethics. Right? There are literally tens of thousands of COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE courses (got that Hanson? - college) that deal with ethics - all of which cause debates similar to this ongoing debacle. Abortion, religion, business, etc... Appearantly this kid who has more worthless, uninformative, posts than most of the members on here combined, has it all figured out and we should just shut up because he's better than us.Kid, you need to spend some time living life before yougo disrespectfully dismissing people all across the country for thinking differently than you.Some of us areeagerly awaiting March 11 when we'll get an extrahour of daylight to spend in the fields, woods, marshes, bays, andoceansaccessible to us, and don't have time toconstantlypatrol various forumsdismissingnumerous members as inferior.
Wow ...pretty serious post there fech .... why is it not alright for him to make a statement? The truth of the matter is that there are WAY to many people making judgemental statements as to how people hunt .... not wise ... Wash, as well as many on the forums are sick and tired of the division. If you don't like the tone of his post, why not just respond kindly ....yaknow, kinda like you wanted him to .....
Preacher, I started this post trying to be politically correct, I had to start all over because itwasn't the way I really felt. I think WH is probably a pretty decent kid, but to watch you guys help him along in his arrogance at his age is wrong.

Fechmupbud, we should just chill, because you can't win on a site with someone who has 4000 post, trust me. Truth beknown, Preacher is right, all this division on stupid stuff, well its just stupid. Everyone, no matter how they feel should try and take the high road, and try to learn from each other. Iwish I would have stayed out of it.

WH, I think it was cool of you to help your bud learn to hunt and shoot.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Preacher, I started this post trying to be politically correct, I had to start all over because itwasn't the way I really felt. I think WH is probably a pretty decent kid, but to watch you guys help him along in his arrogance at his age is wrong.

Fechmupbud, we should just chill, because you can't win on a site with someone who has 4000 post, trust me I. Truth beknown, Preacher is right all this division on stupid stuff, well its just stupid. Everyone, no matter how they feel should try and take the high road, and try to learn from each other. Iwish I would have stayed out of it.

WH, I think it was cool of you to help your bud learn to hunt and shoot.
Its not a matter of arrogance, which is what initially irritated me.

To come on here and tell someone that they're irresponsible for taking a shot that they feel comfortable taking irritates me. I can't tell you how many times I've seen it happen here at HNI.

I have no problem accepting and understanding what one hunter thinks is ethical/responsible (in the confines of the law), but to come in here and tell me or anyone else that I'm hunting anything but ethically/responsibly because our definitions of the two differ is where I draw the line.

To see someone call someone irresponsible and then see that person find it necessary to defend themselves to another hunter is ridiculous. If anything, we should support each other in our efforts and save that kind of stuff for trying to sway the fence riders to our side. We, as hunters, shouldn't find it necessary to explain ourselves to one another when there are more pressing issues to worry about in our sport.

If thats arrogant, so be it.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washington hunter, I've only been on this site for a few days. After some time reading all the replies on different threads, you can get a feel for the attitudes and personalities of different users. The first thought that popped in my mind after reading numerous responses from yourself was that your arrogant. You may not be in person, but you certainly come off that way on this site.This doesn't take away from your intelligence, or yourtalant in the field, but again, my first impression.I feel I speak for many others, weather they admit it or not.Personally I don't care, I enjoy the controversy, and banter, and I think you do as well. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't post comments like "DON'T ARGUE IT".(by the way Wash, that was arrogant)Don't forget, your not the only bull headed user on this site. When you dismiss other people's opinion's completeley, you would befoolish to not expect a backlash. Now that I'm on the topic of opinions, I absolutely feel it's irreponsible to shoot past 50yds at a whitetail with a bow and arrow.(I think it wasstated that you found this humorous..Also arrogant)You want to why Wash,........because I've seen alot of wounded animals in my day. I'm 36, been hunting since I was 9 yrs old, bowhunting since 16. I know for a FACT that alot can go wrong at those distances. Yes I know many hunters are capable of shooting farther, including yourself, and myself for that matter. Yes, I know many hunters have made clean kills at these distances, and finally, Yes, I know many feel it's a matter of circumstance, and confidence. BUT... I feel the chances of wounding an animal are far greater beyond 50yds. It just takes a hell of long time for that arrow to reach the animal, period.....InMY eyes, it's irresponsible. I didn't point that comment directly at you or anyone else. It's simply my opinion, and I damn well have the right to voice it, just like you have the right todisagree.I love bowhunting Wash, and wounded animals running around witharrows stuck in their hams and guts don't make us look to good, especially to the antis. Antis would love to take away what we love the most, and in my OPINION careless shots at long distances contributes to the negativity that this sport gets. Carry on Wash, don't take it to personally. (well I guess the arrogant comment was personal, but it had to be said) ......feel free to ARGUE IT.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are all individuals & we all look at everything differently. That is what makes us eunique."Choices". If I had known I was going to have 3 Back Surgeries including a fusion I would NOT have done this (pic) in my "Stupid" years....
We "ALL" learn as we grow older, unfortunatly,most of the timeit is "After" the "Stupid" years. I am not refering to anyone-just a fact about a period of life people go through & probably 90% of it is of the male gender. We all have different & varied abilities. It is not for us to judge but we can make positive comments.
Good luck to you all-enjoy a great sport & just remember some of "your" stupid thoughts & deeds. That is what life is about. There seems to be some good (a little anyway) come from every mistake.
Pic isme totinga Mule Deer out of a canyon to my Jeep when I had 2 buddies that would have helped. Why? Cause I could & I wanted them to know it. "Stupid me".Back whenI was invinsible.....

Old 03-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Site Buck Guru

There are literally tens of thousands of COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE courses (got that Hanson? - college)
What's this mean,"got that hanson?"

Greg Hanson
Old 03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

We "ALL" learn as we grow older, unfortunatly,most of the timeit is "After" the "Stupid" years. I am not refering to anyone-just a fact about a period of life people go through & probably 90% of it is of the male gender.
Good luck to you all-enjoy a great sport & just remember some of "your" stupid thoughts & deeds. That is what life is about. There seems to be some good (a little anyway) come from every mistake.
I tend to agree with what you have said. Would only add that it's a shame sometimes that individuals can not learn from others mistakes for one reason or another. It almost like the reinvention of the wheel concept.

Quick Reply: What is your maximum range on a game animal???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.