Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To Dip, or to Wrap?

Old 02-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Default RE: To Dip, or to Wrap?

The Grayling jig is a great one....and for about 30 bucks it's hard to beat. The Bitz is the best, but cost twice as much, and IMHO, the Grayling works equally as well.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the replies. I was kinda thinking wraps would be the way to go. I

Shane
Old 02-26-2007, 05:08 AM
Typical Buck

mobo-- In your opinion, what makes the Grayling or Bitz better than the arizona ez fletch? I looked at both of those online and they seem to be one fletch at a time jigs whereas with the arizona I can do the entire arrow in one shot.

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

The Grayling jig is a great one....and for about 30 bucks it's hard to beat. The Bitz is the best, but cost twice as much, and IMHO, the Grayling works equally as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 AM

To be honest, I have zero experience w/ the Arizona, so I couldn't say....But the Grayling and Bitz are toatally adjustable to get the desired offset you want, and they are precise.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just my .02. I just wrapped and fletched a 1/2 dozen new Axis. For wraps, being the tightwad I am, I used automotive reflective tape from wallyworld. It was $1.97 for a 3'x2" roll. I'll post some pics when I get home from work tonight. The tape has a peel off back and is surprisingly thin so it won't add much weight. I'll try to remember to bring in a wrapped and an unwrapped shaft to put on a grain scale in the science dept. to see the difference. When hit with a flashlight beam these things really light up. They stick to the shafts well and Blazers with Goat Tuff stick to them just fine. Also they scrape off easily as I know from screwing up and not getting a vane settled on the shaft well. I shot a nice tight group at 30 right after putting them on. And most important they is purty.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could someone out there educate a new bow hunter? What is the purpose/advantage of an arrow wrap?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

Chief:

"I" like them for their reflective characteristic. It's easier to locate an arrow in the dark that has a reflective wrap (with a flashlight). I've heard other reasons.....but this is why "I" utilize them.

I don't use them on my 3D/target arrows.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The fact that they are easier to see is why I use them. Both for a better view of where they hit and if its a miss its easier to find. Particularly at night. AsI mentioned in my earlier post the ones I just put on really light up nicely when hit with a flashlight beam.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder who thought of this first? It's funny how some of the simplest ideas can have so much positive impact. Sounds like something else that will help me with being colorblind.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres what they look like. I'm hog hunting after work tomorrow so I'll weigh shafts with and without the wrap at work tomorrow and let you know the difference. The flash reflected so bad you can hardly tell the color of my Blazers. These things really reflect direct light.

Quick Reply: To Dip, or to Wrap?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.