Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Montana Black Gold???

Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Montana Black Gold???

Just wondering if anyone has tried their Flashpoint sights and what they thought of them? I tried searching but came up with nada. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 02-23-2007, 11:55 PM

Default RE: Montana Black Gold???

Its suprising that you came up with no results, there have been several threads regarding this sight.

I've got one on my Allegiance and love it. It is absolutely the brightest sight on the market. I looked at quite a few different brands/models including Cobra, Spot Hogg, G5, Viper, and Tru Glo before finally settling on the Flashpoint. The pins are extremely bright in low light conditions, and the photochromatic cover (I think thats what they're calling it) filters enough light that the pins aren't overly bright during normal light conditions.

Its is constructed extremely well. It feels very durable. In my opinion it is an excellent sight.

Mind you that last picture was taken in a dark room, the only light coming from the television. Those pins are extremely bright.

Good luck with your decision.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

i have a black gold on my black ice and wouldnt change it for the world like dan said construcyion wise it seems industructible, and as far as pin brighness goes, again like dan said its the brightest sight on the market w/o a light and brighter than most with a light.... welll worth the money.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just like Washington and Hoytshooter, they are the best sight on the market. Brightness, micro dot pins, all metal construction, and lifetime warranty help too. I would defenitely put the flashpoint at the top of my list. I also shoot a black gold.
Old 02-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use tha Skylight by Black Gold. Like my man Dan stated the pins gather light like no other sight thatI have seen.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I use tha Skylight by Black Gold. Like my man Dan stated the pins gather light like no other sight thatI have seen.
Same here MOTOWNHONKEY. I found out on AT from another guy that you can actually buy the photochromatic fiber cover from MBG and replace the one on the SkyLight with it for around $14, basically upgrading it to a Flashpoint, if you're interested. I am getting ready to order it myself.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool man. let me know how it works for you. I can't imagine it making that much difference as I can see my pins under moon light. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

I have the Black Gold Radiant. Like these guys stated, the brightest site on the market. If MOTOWN says it, it is gospel.[8D] The Radiant doesn't have the darkening photochromatic gimmick and I have never needed that feature, even on the brightest of days. Why spend the extra $$ if you don't have too. The Radiant also comes in Camo. I have three of them on our bows and they have all held up and performed flawlessly. I have said this before many times, you can still see the pins on this site when you can't even see the animal to shoot at it. Bottom pic is a black one. Mine are camo as shown on my bows.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Cool man. let me know how it works for you. I can't imagine it making that much difference as I can see my pins under moon light. Thanks for the info.
Well, it is to reduce the brightness a little on the pins during full sunshine. Some people find them to a bit too bright in full sunlight, and the shell darkens in sunlight to dull them down a little. In the dark the shell lightens back up so you can still shoot in dusk or in a blind (or a building for 3-D)
Old 02-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple MDG duskdevils , nice sights but they lack a level , and the airlines [delta] broke the plastic pingaurd on one of them , I see they are useing metal on the flashpoint which is a great idea for spot and stalk , or airline trips .

Quick Reply: Montana Black Gold???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.