Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer decoys

Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default deer decoys

I did a search, but not too much came up for deer decoys. Anyone use the Renzo, or Montanna, or Quacker thin style deer decoys? Bucks or does better? Feeders, alert? Any suggestions?
Later
dandbuck
Old 02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Default RE: deer decoys

Here is the coolest non electric decoy on the market. It is a Buckwing brand bobblehead decoy. Wind activated movement. I will be adding one to my arsenal of hunting items this year.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

I always questioned the awkwardness of carrying a decoy into the field with me. Here I am trying to be stealthy while carrying a full size decoy under my arms. I have alsoheard people saying they take Glendel Buck into the woods with them, and that thing is heavy!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I gotta get myself one of those , how much does that cost ?
Old 02-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only taken a decoy out twice. It was a doe decoy that scared an 8-point the one time and had a doe and her fawn bed down next it the other time. It was interesting to watch the deer interact with it.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

Not sure yet RD on the price. Ryanaller, I have a a flambeau redi doe and she fits perfectly in a millitary dufflebag.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great looking decoy. HCH

My only problem decoying here is.. Idahos rifle/anyweaponsseason for whitetails up herelasts from Oct 10to Dec 1... I'd love to use a decoy during the month of Nov while bowhunting.. but would most likelyget killed..
Old 02-23-2007, 01:09 PM

I have similar problems here shed. Up until novemeber i would be ok but after that i would not be able to put it on any farmland. All of our land is posted however that does not seem to stop a few people. I will be getting a decoy hopefully soon and will put it up on one particular field right behind a sign, sit with my camera in the fenclineand wait. I have told these people to leave for the past i don't know how many years and they have not. Sorry but i see no other option to get it to sink in.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

That is a great looking decoy, but Iwas hoping to get reviews on the thin, flat,easy to carry decoys if people have used them. I know they are only $30, but if they work, then it would be nice.
dandbuck
Old 02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

I think they could be safely used in gun country by having some orange on them during transportation(if not in a dufflebag),set up, and takedown if you are a treestand hunter and if you are a ground hunter, place some orange on thedecoyor orange above or nearthe decoy on a tree branch. Be careful for sure!! I have a buckwing bobblehead turkey decoy and the movement and detail is awesome. The heads really move with realism, something conventional decoys have always lacked.

Quick Reply: deer decoys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.