Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer decoys

Old 02-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer decoys

I use the Glen Del buck but only if I don't have to carry it far. I face the decoy towards me since a buck will usually aproach an unfamiliar buck from the front. I also remove one antler and put a small one on one side. This makes it look like an inferior (loser) buck.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Don, im diggin the new avatar, looks great
ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I think they could be safely used in gun country by having some orange on them during transportation(if not in a dufflebag),set up, and takedown if you are a treestand hunter and if you are a ground hunter, place some orange on thedecoyor orange above or nearthe decoy on a tree branch. Be careful for sure!! I have a buckwing bobblehead turkey decoy and the movement and detail is awesome. The heads really move with realism, something conventional decoys have always lacked.
Thanks. The man Ryanaller made it for me. Pretty cool!!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: crutch

ORIGINAL: KS227

Face the buck away from you and the doe toward you.
I thought it was the other way around. Don't you want the doe facing away from you, so that the business end of her is toward youand the Buck facing toward you, soanother approachingbuck has towalks around to check out the head gear? Or am I wrong?
Thanks
Crutch
You are right IMO. This is how I do it and how deer have reacted to a decoy. A buck wants to approach a buck decoy head on and he wants to approach a doe decoy from the rear to smell her "happy" area.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

Montana Decoy are the most realistic in my opinion. They will also stand up better in weather conditions i.e. rain, snow etc. I use the elk, deer and antelope decoys.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Gut Check

Don-

That sure looks like a Carrylite decoy that wasn't assembled correctly. It looks as if they pushed the rib through its locking position. My buddy and I both have Carrylite's and he does this fairly often so the deer head actually drops and it looks like it is feeding. What do other Carrylite owners think?

I Googled Buckwing deer decoy and nothing came up. Where did you get that picture? I might have to set my Carrylite up and get a picture to compare.
No Gut Check. It is a Buckwing, not a Carrylite. I don't know why the pic isn't showing up on this thread I posted as the posters opening post is where I got the pic at. Here is info on them. Guys are saying sugested retail around $170. Buckwing hadn't updated their website the last I looked at it a month ago.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB3&Number=175544 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=buckwing&Searc hpage=0&Limit=25&Main=175501&Search=tr ue&where=bodysub&Name=26&daterange=1&a mp;newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&ol dertype=&bodyprev=#Post175544
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Ok
So I decided to take a couple dollars and invest in a flat decoy. Was going to do the Montana Buck, then the doe , then the buck, then the Renzo buck, then Renzo doe.......arghhhhhhhhhhh
I went on ebay and they had what they called a Jealousy bedded pair decoy? This thing looks intruiging! Any else ever see that thing? I'll try to post the link.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

try this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Deer-decoy-whitetail-hunting-antlers-sheds-archery_W0QQitemZ230097434932QQihZ013QQcategoryZ22 697QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem