Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

REAL bowhunting business (extend your season)

Old 02-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: REAL bowhunting business (extend your season)

I think they use some of the money to cover the cost of processing the deer and giving the meat to charity. Not sure about the rest I don't belong to it.

To answer another question. We already have unlimited archery doe tags in most of MO, but the population keeps growing in these urban areas. Most people cannot gain access to hunting grounds or the only woods left are peoples back yards. This is where the bowhunting group comes in. They hold public meetings and try to gain access to backyards and common grounds. And then deploy the bowhunters.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: KS227

Why in the world would we argue over this? Passion and preference is what makes us unique.But we have so many enemies, we can't be divided over this. See this as a necessary evil, see it as practice, see it as food for the hungry, see it as anything but an argument. I think everyone should do it to see it for what it is...work. It definately takes the glory out of what we do; BUT it has to be done. I have had to pull the antlers or body of a deer out of the chest or face of three people and one that still gives me nightmares.It went into the backseat and clawed a toddler strapped into a carseat to death while trying to get out. You may condemn one of us who chooses to do it. But, I say sleep well tonight, for you may have saved my family today. We are all members of the same brotherhood and I respect you all.
Well said
Old 02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

and another bickering contest has been started [:@]
did not! [8D]
did too!!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is NEEDED so BADLY why does it cost $300 to become a member?
[/quote]

I second that, it is just a way to start a "club", a money maker.

Some people are blind to not see the damagedone to our image by this form of "population control". And they know who they are (PT). So don't come here cryin when someone starts a thread about apeta story and there planned protestreguarding this.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

solo ..... why would you attack the author of this thread just because you do not agree with it???

solo .... It's assinine comments like you have made that give hunters a bad name.

solo and atlas ..... You do what you want, but don't rip apart someone else who is hunting within the law ....
Hunting within the law.....you really call this hunting? You actually set up a game plan to "fool the deer", you spent days trying to decide where to hang your stand, you spent ALL summer scouting, you set up 6 different trail cameras...GIVE ME ABREAK.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Where I live there is a group that works with Metro Counties and cities to cut down on the number of deer. I joined last year. Had to take an 8 hour bowhunting edjucation class pay about $20 totaland pass a proficiency test.

You draw for the hunts and I did get into a huntlast year. The hunt I was a part of was very organized. The guys running the hunt had hunted the area for some time. You had to hunt from a stand, you could only hunt certain days, you didn't have much flexibility as to where you are hunting, there were areas where you couldn't go.....Not for everyone.

I had scouted the area and found 12 potential stand sites. When I found out the areas that I COULD hunt I was down to 3 stand sites. I picked the best one and shot 2 does.I am going to apply again next year.

While Ifelt pretty limited in my options and know I could have gone into the other areas shot more deer and not blew the area up like the hunt coordinators thought people might it still was better than sitting at home watching TV or hunting super pressured metro public land.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: KS227

Why in the world would we argue over this? Passion and preference is what makes us unique.But we have so many enemies, we can't be divided over this. See this as a necessary evil, see it as practice, see it as food for the hungry, see it as anything but an argument. I think everyone should do it to see it for what it is...work. It definately takes the glory out of what we do; BUT it has to be done. I have had to pull the antlers or body of a deer out of the chest or face of three people and one that still gives me nightmares.It went into the backseat and clawed a toddler strapped into a carseat to death while trying to get out. You may condemn one of us who chooses to do it. But, I say sleep well tonight, for you may have saved my family today. We are all members of the same brotherhood and I respect you all.
No one issaying the deer don't need to becontrolled.........that is not the issue.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:29 AM

Rifles with silencers????

Look, there is a reason why archery equipment is chosen as No. 1 method for controlling urban deer populations. a stray arrow shot from a treestand at ground is much much more unlikely to ricochete like a high powered rifle bullet can, thus minimizing the potential of danger to harm property, pets or human beings.

You should be aware that bowhunting as a urban wildlife management tool is a great opportunity to present to the public why there should even be archery hunting.

Janez
Old 02-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW what i wouldnt do to argue with someone cause there are TOO MANY DEER IN MY AREA... crazyness.. i know here in maryland couple hours away from me in the "cities" they put on an unlimited doe during deer season.. dont make no extra season jus raise the daily bag limits.. if if its that big a problem take out as many antlered deer as possaible.. cant have more deer if there's none to breed. i dont have a proablem one withANYONE(hired,hunter)(possiably good way to bring youngsters some expirence)who trys to help tame the proablem cause more than likely they donate the meat. an we all hear enough of "starving" people. an its makin my car insurance go up! LOL... as far as them carrying young ones i knows it sounds awful but honestly your complaing about TO MANY deer. when there born they jus dont disappear they add an multiply . besides what the difference in january when your bowhunting (the right way as some of u think it) an kill a deer..jus cause the babies arent grow as much you still jus killed 2 of em.. or 3. bottom line.. never gonna please everyone.... really wanna get the animals lovers on a kick tell them insurance companys are rasin price of people who dont hunt cause there not helpin in the population control that prevents less auto accidents.. see what they think about that. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa
Old 02-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

If it is NEEDED so BADLY why does it cost $300 to become a member?
I second that, it is just a way to start a "club", a money maker.

Some people are blind to not see the damagedone to our image by this form of "population control". And they know who they are (PT). So don't come here cryin when someone starts a thread about apeta story and there planned protestreguarding this.
[/quote]

solo ....don't fear PETA .... just make sure you vote for the people that are not in line with their agenda .... you'll be ok

Quick Reply: REAL bowhunting business (extend your season)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.