Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so I just broke up>......

Old 02-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default so I just broke up>......

guys.

You guys are my family. Want some much needed advice. I just broke up with my girlfriend of 3 1/2 years. It's hard right now, but feel it is necessary. Have any of you guys ever gone through this? It's hard as hell but I'm trying to cope. I know t his isn't really the right thread or post to put on the bowhunting forum but you guys are kind of my family and I just wanted advice. I feel like I have to do this for me to realize who I am and what I want. I hate posting this but don't know where to turn, and you guys are the only thing that I can say will really help me.

I know what you mean about feeling closer to the bunch in a particular forum... sometimes there's a different crowd over there than in here... I'll leave this for a couple days here and then probably move it to off-season after you've been given some input from the gang here...
Old 02-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: so I just broke up>......

Buy a MAthews, that will cheer you up J/k just trying to make you laugh. Well, all I can say is there must have been a reason why you broke up with her, sodon't worry about it....and that concludes my Dr. Phil moment.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah this sould of been in the off season forum, but, I have been there done that too. We were together 9 years though. Didn't think I would of gotten over it at the time. But, for me in the real of it all, it was the best thing that could of happened for me. At the time I had a young son to boot, and that made it all the harder. I got threw it though by, going out every chance I had and traveling around a little. I just kept doing things to take my mind off it. I played the field for about 3 more years and then started getting serious again. Have been married now for 7 1/2 years to another lady and couldn't be happier. So lift your chin up and take a good look around things can and will happen if you take your time.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I broke up with my G/F on Valentines day

Now that was a present she was not expecting

Get ya bow and go hunting thats what I am doing

I know its hard but a little time and ya gonna say "who"?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

It will take time but if it is for the best, things will work out. I ve been there before and it sucks just spend time doing HEALTHY things that you love and can take your mind off of her. Try not to do alot of boozing where as that can depress your spirits and make you full of self pity as well as cloud your judgement. Hang in there. If its meant to be you will go your seperate ways and grow on your own then be back with one another. Good Luck! What bowtech you shooting.

Regards

Jim
Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

How old are you? I dated a girl for 5 1/2 year and havent had one since. It was hard as hell too. We left off on good terms and spoke for about a year afterwards. I had to end that because it was actually harder. Its really sucky, but its life. Take advantage of the time you will have to you self now.I like it this way. I have had my flings in between then and now. I just love having all "my" time and all " MY" money. and no one to answer to.
You will do be fine. Get out with your friends, go hang out at the local shop. Do things to take your mind off it with other people.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 AM

son, i used to think a broken heart was bad - then one morning i bit a piece of toast. i was about 25 years old. i thought someone hit me in the back of the head w/ a baseball bat. i guess i had a cavity i didn't know about - and it just so happened that on this particular morning - the nerve was exposed. for 2 days - until the dentist could see me - it felt like i was locked in gymnasium w/ the fire alarm going off - the ones that go mmmmmaaaaaaammmmp, mmmmmmmaaaaaamp - so loud - that's what my tooth was doing. when i got that sucker fixed i knew i could live through heartbreak, and just about anything else.

i'll say this too. its not about finding the right person - its about being the right person - the rest will fall into place. just decide who the best you possible is - and start becoming that person for real - and it will all take care of itself.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Excellent advice gibblet.. Excellent advice!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 AM

could I ask why you decided it was best to break up?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

About four years ago my wife of 24 years told me she had found somebody else.

Life goes on.

Quick Reply: so I just broke up>......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.