Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so I just broke up>......

Old 02-24-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: so I just broke up>......

Life will go on, it just becomes part of your past, just do not let that event shape your future in a negative way.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take your mind off of it by going on a nice long hunting trip or go do your favorite thing in the world. We are all very sorry for you and we hope that it passes quickly.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 AM

I broke up with a girlfriend of 5 1/2 years, heck even had an egagement ring put away when everything started to unravel. While others have suggested what you should do to move on, I will suggest what you should not do. So many relationships end with the clause of but we can still be friends. Its hard but I highly reccomend not doing this. Dont stay in contact, dont call on the phone, cut the strings and be done.

It is 100 times harder if you attempt to keep contact. It doesnt allow you to move on. The phone calls, meeting once in a while, it just doesnt work, its like your stuck in a warp zone because you dont do anything to move on, your sitting stagnant being pulled both ways. The first time you hearshe went on a date, it will tear you up yet you have no right to be mad, its just agonizing, and when you go on a date, you cant devote your attention to the new person because your still stuck.

Its hard to completely cut strings with someone you've beendevoted to so long, but for the well being of yourself, you just have to. Take it from a guy who has been there and made this mistake.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I skipped over most of the posts so excuse me if my advice has already ben offered.

I'm the king of broken hearts.

Been dumped a few times myself. Caught my first wife in bed with another guy twice. ( different guys)

Your broken heart will heel. You just need to spend time with family and friends.

I know what you are going through. Everytime you see something or hear a song you get that instant sick feeling in the pit of your stomache. Just deal with it. You can do it. I promise you, one day you'll look back and laugh. I was promised the same thing and didn't believe it either. But it was true.

I can look back and laugh about my ex. You'll meet another girl, just don't jump into a relationship. Date around. Its not fair to the new girl if you are just on a rebound. Just date until you find what you really want.

Just know that the pain will fade. It will!

Try to stay away from this girl you just broke it off with. talking to her just drags out you getting over it. The " Friends Thing" doesn't work. Trust me. Been there, done that. It doesn't work.

If you break off all contact, there is a good chance this girl may come crawling back. DON'T TAKE HER BACK!

Been there done that too. It won't work. You'll be on edge if you do. Always worrying she'll do it again. SHE WILL!

Get involved in something, stay away from her, get some new clothes, change the style of music you listen to, meet new girls.