Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so I just broke up>......

Old 02-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: so I just broke up>......

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: cr422

About four years ago my wife of 24 years told me she had found somebody else.

Life goes on.
Life goes on for sure, but times like he is having right now can be difficult ... let's not just brush off his feelings .....

Tim, if you know that she wasn't the one for you, get wrapped up in something right now .... shooting your bow, hunting if you can .... keep busy .....

Gibby gave you good advise ....
Not brushing off his feelings. Just pointng out that things could be worse and you gotta keep on keepin' on.

I can sympathize believe me. I know the pain. But when all is said and done, you gotta pick up the pieces and go on with your life.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do what the popular song says, "I got a brand new girlfriend, ...., I've jumped of the deep end, .... feels just like a kid again,... I got a brand new girlfriend"

Enjoy the free time and get a new one!

Tom
Old 02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know some guys are just tying to lift your spirits by saying stuff like "get back on the horse and ride" -or- "get a new girlfriend go jump off the deep end" but those aren't really the things you should be concentrating on right now. It's fine to go out with friends and just try to relax but looking for female attention is the last thing you want to do. If you do go looking, you'll definately be "jumping off the deep end". And worse yet, you'll be taking her with you too. Naturally when we get bounced, we easily tend to rebound, but respect yourself and the would be casualty by not acting on clouded judgment.

Not to sound all philosophical but life has to be taken in stride a day at a timesweet or sour. (nothing really philosophical bout that huh?) Life is everchanging and it's change that scares us. Change though, doesn't have to be bad. If a year ago someone told you that today you'd be broken up and feeling like crap would you believe it? Probably not, but it is what it is. On the up side of that, if someone told you that a year from now you'd be happier than you ever were, would you believe it? Probably not, considering the way you're feeling right now. But, that's not to say it can't happen. Remember:Rushing neccessary pain out of your life isn't healthy. Refusing to see future happiness isn't either.

Life is as much a curse as it is a blessing. To live, you must accept both. I don't mean to take your struggle out of focus but just want to briefly share one of mine in the hopes you might be able to take something from it.Three years ago, after a 2 month battle with an Auto Immune Disease,my 10yr old son died in my arms afterwe decided to pull the plug. For a whole year after that, I locked myself up andrefused entry to the living. As ironic as it sounds, in refusing to live I learned to live. 20 hours a day of rationalizing the worthiness of my own existence made me realize that if I continued this way, my family not only suffers the loss of one member but rather two. That's when I decided to put my self-pity aside and rejoin the land of the living. I was 28 and yet a child then. I am 31 and much moreappreciative ofwhat I havenow.

In this life, we are nothing more than blinds leading blinds. If you are ever lost again and need to feel like you're headed in the right direction, we are here to guide you with our toy compasses. Good Luck!

-Heu
Old 02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Losing a wife/girlfriend can be hard. It was almost impossible for me to get rid of my first wife, but I finally did it.jj

Seriously, I went through my divorce about four years ago and it felt likemywhole world was crashing down on me, but just crawl out from under the rubble and brush your shoulders off, you'll be good to go in notime.

A little warning though, stay away from the whole we can still talk and be friends on again off again type break-up, those can drag on forever and usually lead nowhere butBad Street. If you feel in your heart you made the right decision, stick with it.

Over and out.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry man. At least you figured it out before you got married and had a bunch of kids and she took half your money and you're stuck paying alimony and child support while some other guy raises your kids and drives your boat.....
Old 02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

When my first wife and I split up, I was terribly depressed. It went on like that for a while and then one day I just decided that I had to live the rest of my life, and I just as well get started, put the past behind me and feel thankful I was rid of a lazy biatch and I had more fun for the next year than I had ever had.

I have been dumped by women, had to dump women, been divorced twice, and I have to tell you, it gets easier each time.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

It sucks but you move on. Stay away from the bottle though... that just tends tomake it worse in so many ways especially if you hit it hard to supposily ease the pain.

Most have been there and been dumped or did the dumping. Never easy but usely for the best especially if you are just dating. The purpose of dating is to find out how to have a relationship withanother and toprepare you for marrying the right one once you find her. There is a lot of fish in the seas. I am sure glad I didn't keep the first one I caught. If I had... I would have missed out on my keeper of18.5 years... errr make that 22 years counting dating.

Hang in there.

Tim
Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Bean there done that .
Yes its very hard , longer your together the tougher it is .
Keep your head up and keep your mind on positive things .
Like Bows, Deer , hunting season, yes it may sound creuel but theres a lot more fish in the sea..[8D]
Old 02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

I know some guys are just tying to lift your spirits by saying stuff like "get back on the horse and ride" -or- "get a new girlfriend go jump off the deep end" but those aren't really the things you should be concentrating on right now. It's fine to go out with friends and just try to relax but looking for female attention is the last thing you want to do. If you do go looking, you'll definately be "jumping off the deep end". And worse yet, you'll be taking her with you too. Naturally when we get bounced, we easily tend to rebound, but respect yourself and the would be casualty by not acting on clouded judgment.

Not to sound all philosophical but life has to be taken in stride a day at a timesweet or sour. (nothing really philosophical bout that huh?) Life is everchanging and it's change that scares us. Change though, doesn't have to be bad. If a year ago someone told you that today you'd be broken up and feeling like crap would you believe it? Probably not, but it is what it is. On the up side of that, if someone told you that a year from now you'd be happier than you ever were, would you believe it? Probably not, considering the way you're feeling right now. But, that's not to say it can't happen. Remember:Rushing neccessary pain out of your life isn't healthy. Refusing to see future happiness isn't either.

Life is as much a curse as it is a blessing. To live, you must accept both. I don't mean to take your struggle out of focus but just want to briefly share one of mine in the hopes you might be able to take something from it.Three years ago, after a 2 month battle with an Auto Immune Disease,my 10yr old son died in my arms afterwe decided to pull the plug. For a whole year after that, I locked myself up andrefused entry to the living. As ironic as it sounds, in refusing to live I learned to live. 20 hours a day of rationalizing the worthiness of my own existence made me realize that if I continued this way, my family not only suffers the loss of one member but rather two. That's when I decided to put my self-pity aside and rejoin the land of the living. I was 28 and yet a child then. I am 31 and much moreappreciative ofwhat I havenow.

In this life, we are nothing more than blinds leading blinds. If you are ever lost again and need to feel like you're headed in the right direction, we are here to guide you with our toy compasses. Good Luck!

-Heu
That is possibly one of the best post that I've ever read.

Its not always how far you fall, but how far you bounce back.
Good luck.

Bobby
Old 02-24-2007, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I just went through a divorce. Oh well she's someone elses problem now. Plus I get to go hunting more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: so I just broke up>......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.