Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

so I just broke up>......

Old 02-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: so I just broke up>......

ORIGINAL: cr422

About four years ago my wife of 24 years told me she had found somebody else.

Life goes on.
Life goes on for sure, but times like he is having right now can be difficult ... let's not just brush off his feelings .....

Tim, if you know that she wasn't the one for you, get wrapped up in something right now .... shooting your bow, hunting if you can .... keep busy .....

Gibby gave you good advise ....
Old 02-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Banned

They are just like a bus, one on every corner. Now quit your snivelin' and get out there and "hop" on the bus. [8D]
Old 02-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll say this bowtech.......there are a lot of women in this world. I found the love of my life. I got lucky. I got married at 39, though.

No matter what anyone says.....your feelings are DEFINITELY REAL, to YOU. that's all that matters. PT gave you sound advice. Engulf yourself into something to keep you busy. Hit the road......I run to keep my mind off things. Lift weights. Do soemthing to keep yourself busy.

I wish you luck.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:16 AM

If it didn't feel right you did the right thing. This way you are not wasting both your and her time trying to make something work that you know won't.

My wife of 10 years left me and took my three kids in 1999. I have no custody of my kids (they live 2,000 miles away), I don't even get to talk to them. Yet I get to pay 50 percent of my income for child support. I make 12.50 an hour in a factory and bring home 200 bucks a week. Just be glad you didn't have kids together (assuming you didn't).

It took me 7 years before I even dated again. It hurts, it sucks, you feel like you want to die. Heck I had a nervous breakdown over it. I had a lot of other things going on as well though, like I lost my job shortly after she left me. But eventually things get better and you can move on. I now have a girlfriend that lives with me and she has two kids (not mine). It took a long time to get there though, at least for me.

Just don't do distructive things like start drinking or turn to drugs. That won't help. Face how you feel, talk to people about it and be honest with yourself. Things get better, I promise.

Remember, sometimes the RIGHT choices are not always the ones that make you feel good. You do what you gotta do then chalk it up to experience.

Paul
Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 AM

I think most people have gone through something like this and we eventually got over it. For me i surrounded myself with my friends and did stuff i loved doing. When it happened to me i hunted like a bugger that year taking 3 whitetail 3 mules an elk and a bear. Was my busiest season ever. So i suggest you find something you like doing and get at it. It will not take the thoughts away but it helps. As others said if it wasn't meant to be then its a little easier to deal with, you don't want to settle for someone. You don't want a gal you can live with rather one u cannot live without. People get all hung up on someone who they cannot admit isn't right for them and end up making mistakes. I still don't look back on my situation and laugh, and it still crossess my mind 3 years later but it gets better.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Time,it just takes time.Keep yourself busy!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel, it happened me to once. I had broken heart for a long time. But every month, things always seemed to get better.The thing that helped me the most, to get through it, was my loving family and my faith in God. There's always a reason for it, and that reason will become clearer as time goes on.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

While I'm not in the same position, I too had to go through a great loss. My father, hunting partner, and hero, passed away this past November, right in the middle of hunting season here in PA. It was devestating, and I still have my rough patches with it. But like many have already stated, things get easier with time.

I had a split with a girl not too long ago that lasted 4 years. It sucks, no doubt about that. But, I look at it this way. She evidentally wasn't the one for me. Things have an odd way of turning for the better.

Its kind of like hunting. You may miss a real nice buck one day and the next day,find a better one right under your feet. Keep your chin up dude.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Someone wise once told me "Son, you jest ain't a man until some purty little thing has tore your heart out and chewed on it." It turned out to be true in my case, and all of us(other than Fro Man) have a similar experience. Get back on the horse and ride for fun for awhile, you've got your whole life to find another woman to totally screw you up again, don't rush it.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap...where is John Wayne when you need him.

Quick Reply: so I just broke up>......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.