Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your greatest accomplishment.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your greatest accomplishment.

It would have to be my first bow kill which was this year.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

View of entry

Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

View of exit

Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was that a Primitive Weapon bowkill?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the result of a pass through with a 2 blade rage from 25yds.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ahunter55

Many. When I was in 8th grade I said I wanted to be in the Navy, Own a sport shop & retire at 50.
I was raised (4 of us) by a single (the best ever) mom. At 14 a local Bowhunter took me under his wing & started me in archery, that was 1956.
Because of him & a couple other selfless bowhunters I started my Archery/Bowhunting journey.
I WAS in the navy for 5 years & attached to the MArines for 2 of them.
I DID own & operate TWO Archery Shops/Lanes, primitive weapons, fishing tackle. I retired at 60-missed the 50 mark.
After the Navy I lived Archery/Bowhunting. I managed to win 5 state archery tournaments in my Divisions & 1 Great Lakes sectional. I managed a few perfect 300 rounds indoors(fingers & release)& even a few on the field course. I wrote a Archery Column for a state wide distributed sports magazine & have had a few Articles published in National Magazines. I was very active in the local and State level of archery being a state rep. for Bowhunting & target divisions at various times. I have been very successful (lucky) in Bowhunting as well having been able to make many a trip to Canada & various states. Managing to start my own independant Bowhunting video business. Introducing MANY to this great sport.
We have 5 grown successfulchildren of our own & a few other children we have given a helping hand along the way.
My personal accomplishments have been many & very satisfying BUT I think the most rewarding has been being able to show a few children what Bowhunting is like. Like the lookin their eyes when they see a wild animal come close for the FIRST time in their life or a Wild Hog growl when an arrow passes through him & they say, I can't wait till I am old enough to go hunting like that. Like this fall when my Daughter said when we saw a Doe come into the ravine-can I shoot no matter how big it is? Of course, anything without spots is legal. She has yet to get a shot-1st year.
Like my son taking 2 very good Bull Caribouat 16 on our last day of our Quebec Caribou Bowhunt & he used the guides rifle-it was STILL Great...
I can go on & on but I am sure you are already bored.
When my kids have that thrill is my best accomplishment.
2007 is the start of my 51st year in Bowhunting-I have never purchased a Biggame gun tag-is that an accomplishment??? Nothing against those that choose that for their sport, it's great to.
thanks for sharing...neat stuff..
Old 02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I hope my greatest accomplishment is yet to come. Actually getting my son more interested and having him shoot his first deer. I am lucky to get him out more than twice a season. He is 25 and not married yet so there is still time.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first archery deer. It was a 7pt buck and I will never forget it! I hope!

hatchet Jack