Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your greatest accomplishment.

Old 02-23-2007, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your greatest accomplishment.

ORIGINAL: takedownfreak123

At the age of 13 years old harvesting a deer and tought myself pretty much how to hunt.and shooting more deer with my bow than anyone else in my family at.
That's probably the biggest accomplishment on this thread. Be proud of yourself. And keep it up.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:44 PM

My biggest accomplishment.....getting my article published on women hunters in The Texas Trophy Hunters magazine. It is an article inspiring women everywhere to dare to get out there and try hunting, and not let anyone intimidate them! I hope that this article inspires at least one woman to get out there and hunt!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/AMF2005/ttha1001.jpg
Old 02-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me its all the great people I have met thru bowhunting. The lasting friendships, the joy of reliving the hunts back at camp, helping your buddy track into the night, the farmer letting me help him even though I just get in the way. My son shivering in his treestand so bad I had to help him down. The stranger who helped drag a deer out of the swamp. The oldtimer who tells the same stories over and over. The best trophies are the ones you can't put on the wall..........dabow
Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most good things have happened in spite of myself.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many. When I was in 8th grade I said I wanted to be in the Navy, Own a sport shop & retire at 50.
I was raised (4 of us) by a single (the best ever) mom. At 14 a local Bowhunter took me under his wing & started me in archery, that was 1956.
Because of him & a couple other selfless bowhunters I started my Archery/Bowhunting journey.
I WAS in the navy for 5 years & attached to the MArines for 2 of them.
I DID own & operate TWO Archery Shops/Lanes, primitive weapons, fishing tackle. I retired at 60-missed the 50 mark.
After the Navy I lived Archery/Bowhunting. I managed to win 5 state archery tournaments in my Divisions & 1 Great Lakes sectional. I managed a few perfect 300 rounds indoors(fingers & release)& even a few on the field course. I wrote a Archery Column for a state wide distributed sports magazine & have had a few Articles published in National Magazines. I was very active in the local and State level of archery being a state rep. for Bowhunting & target divisions at various times. I have been very successful (lucky) in Bowhunting as well having been able to make many a trip to Canada & various states. Managing to start my own independant Bowhunting video business. Introducing MANY to this great sport.
We have 5 grown successfulchildren of our own & a few other children we have given a helping hand along the way.
My personal accomplishments have been many & very satisfying BUT I think the most rewarding has been being able to show a few children what Bowhunting is like. Like the lookin their eyes when they see a wild animal come close for the FIRST time in their life or a Wild Hog growl when an arrow passes through him & they say, I can't wait till I am old enough to go hunting like that. Like this fall when my Daughter said when we saw a Doe come into the ravine-can I shoot no matter how big it is? Of course, anything without spots is legal. She has yet to get a shot-1st year.
Like my son taking 2 very good Bull Caribouat 16 on our last day of our Quebec Caribou Bowhunt & he used the guides rifle-it was STILL Great...
I can go on & on but I am sure you are already bored.
When my kids have that thrill is my best accomplishment.
2007 is the start of my 51st year in Bowhunting-I have never purchased a Biggame gun tag-is that an accomplishment??? Nothing against those that choose that for their sport, it's great to.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

i would have to say when i was 10 shooting a deer and getting into hunting...i dunno what i could do with out it now!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Years back, while I was on an Elk hunt in Colorado, I was practicing shooting at a life sized elk 3-d target at 50 yards. I put three arrows exactly where I wanted and had a 2 inch group. Thankfully I also had ten witnesses.

That was the last hunt I ever used a compound on. It was like a switch shut off in my brain.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watching my old man come out of the woods, fist pumping, knowing I had put him on his very first but in know way last archery buck
Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 AM

Look at the avatar...[8D]
Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

Great stories I realy enjoyed all of them. I read them and two of them realy stuck out to me and that was quiksilver and ahunter55 great stories guys!!! I guess I see somethings in there posts that are real familiar to me. For me my greatest accomplishment would have to be watching my son and taking someone new out to the field hunting or just teaching them archery, the look in their eyes and the rush I get watching them seeing things in a different light.

Quick Reply: Your greatest accomplishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.