Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your greatest accomplishment.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your greatest accomplishment.

getting started or my first deer and getting three deer my first year. and this was my fiest year
Old 02-23-2007, 05:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Taking 5 whitetails with the bow in my first full year of bowhunting.

Finishing 2nd and 1st at my two 3D shoots, this year.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Going 11 years and 26 kills without a miss(or wounded) deer with my bow.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Going 11 years and 26 kills without a miss(or wounded) deer with my bow.
That's the most impressive thing I've seen or heard in bow hunting. Period.

Kudos. That is awesome.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think my biggest accomplishment has been surviving five near death or preceived near death encounters while bow hunting, The most recent was having a nine foot black mamba coiled up a mere 12inches fromeither of mylegs. I had just missed a 15 yard shot on a gembok while spot and stalk hunting. My focus was on the fast approaching bull. I never saw the snake and I straddled it when I came to full draw. I was hunting solo-alone with a radio. God only knows how much time I would have had. I'm lucky to be alive!
Holy mother ofa black mamba momoment bat man!!! (Or should I say cat man; nine lives and you have used up five of them). One of the most deadly, foul tempered, fastest snakes on the planet, and it is coiled between your legs??!!! A "Steve Irwin" moment for sure!

Goodness, if I had been in your shoes that serpent would have been swimming in sewage, because I would have soiled myself right then and there.

How did you get out of that predicament?

You should submityour storyto Outdoor Life's "This Happened to Me".

Old 02-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine isn't really a hunting accomplishment but more of an archery accomplishment. I have only been shooting competitive 3Dfor about 2 years as of right now. Before that I had plenty of experience as a backyard shooter/bowhunter but never really competed. I know this isn't a huge accomplishment compared to national titles, but last year with a little more than12 months of local 3D under my belt,I entered our NYS ASA State Championship 3D event and managed to take first place against some pretty good shooters from all over the northeast. I did have about 4 months of coaching work under my belt at that point,and I actually managed to beat my coach on the 3D course as well that day.

I am pretty rusty right now both indoors and out, and have some work to get back to the point I was at last summer, but I am working hard with a coach again for the first time since last August.This year will be my first competing at the national level and I will also attend several state/regional level events as well. I am pretty excited about this year and know it should be my best yet. As others have said, the only thing holding me back right now is enough time to really work as hard as I want to get better. I get 2-3 days a week to shoot right now and I really wish I had more, I am doingmy best to start making time for 4-5 daysa week of quality practice and training.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

My greatest accomplishments took place this past Nov. I killed 2 bucks, onefrom Pa, my first non-typicaland the other from Alberta, my best buck yet, a decent 8pt(300lbs).I saw the biggest buck of my life and rattled in my first bucks ever, also in Alberta. It was a GREAT season for me.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

1. Getting my son involved.
2. Taking five buck off the ground spot and stalks all under twenty yards.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

I would say starting my county chapter of the Ohio bowhunters association.It is hard to believe that was 13 years ago.It seems like yesterday.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

At the age of 13 years old harvesting a deer and tought myself pretty much how to hunt.and shooting more deer with my bow than anyone else in my family at.

Quick Reply: Your greatest accomplishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.