Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your greatest accomplishment.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your greatest accomplishment.

Getting a bow into my nephews hands. No doubt.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mine is similar to Buckeye.......NOBODY in my family hunts or shoots anything. So where did I come from? At least I had the support of my parents who came through with basic equipment for me to hone my skills until I could get a job at 14.
I was the kid with a Sports Afield subscription at age 7.

So basically anything I have ever done in the outdoors , which I have been addicted to since birth I have figured out entirely on my own.
I turned myself from a kid with a bobber and bluegills into a professional fly fishing guide, and I turned myself from a kid with a box store bought Bear compound at age 12 into a competitive 3D shooter on a National level.

My greatest accomplishment in archery was my very first ever big 3D shoot......I entered an ASA National Pro AM event that came to PA a few years ago just to have some fun with some friends and see what a "BIG" shoot was like. Well a 2 day event which was meant to just be a fun learning experience turned into my first National 3D win in my first ever try and my first ever ASA event.
I have since won or placed in some other pretty big events but the feeling of seeing my name at the top of a leaderboard of such an event is one that I will never forget.
From the little kid flinging arrows at haybales to a National title..........on my own.
Pretty proud of that.

(I just wish I had more time to devote to it)
Old 02-22-2007, 08:14 PM

I have a similar story to buckeyebuckhunter and also have the highest success rate for archery elk in my town. yes i am blowin my own horn.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting a nice 9-point buck my third year as a high and tempering that with the mishaps of deer not recovered. Always vowing to learn from my mistakes and become a better hunter in years to come!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:23 PM

Mine will be one week from today
Old 02-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buellhunter

Mine will be one week from today
My dream is his a week from today.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting a Jack rabbitt at 70 yards with my Mathews LXwhile Elk hunting in New Mexico...we were extremly bored and feed up with it raining EVERY DAY, which ruined our water hole setup. LOL
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Getting past a few mature whitetail bucks noses. Namely the ones on my walls.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Getting past a few mature whitetail bucks noses. Namely the ones on my walls.
Yeah, rub it in why dontcha?! [:@]

There are some really cool stories developing here.....Keep 'em coming folks.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:48 PM

My greatest accomplishment thus far is very bittersweet, I was able to put my dad (72 at the time) on a spot that I could almost guarantee a shot on a doe at less than 20 yards. The shot was presented and taken. It was his first deer after 30 years of hunting. Unfortunately he hit it a little back and in the excitement of the moment we pushed the deer and eventually lost her. Seeing the highest of highs in his eyes at the the shot and low of losing the deer is what made it bittersweet. He still talks about that day with me pretty much every chance he gets. After that season he was physically unable to get out into the woods again. The fact that I was part of a special day to him means more to me than all the heads hanging on my wall.

Quick Reply: Your greatest accomplishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.