Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Breaking the Guardian down

Old 02-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Breaking the Guardian down

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Just off hand, would any of this be covered under warranty or is it voided because it was not equipment malfunction, but human error? Just something to look into.
I suppose that will depend on how you describe that picture going to post....jk. How about parts, do you think its a long wait, since there is such a demand for the gaurdian?
Crutch
Old 02-23-2007, 02:58 AM

New bow. I wouldn't want a repaired one that is so new. His mistake his expense. $700
Old 02-23-2007, 05:20 AM

sometimes, if you tell them what happened, you'll find these companies do some amazing things to help their customers out. now, how do you know all these parts got damaged?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

My guess would be somewhere in the $300-$350 range...tops.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you would have bought a PSE you wouldnt have to worry about it.....when will people learn, you dont mess with another mans girl....i mean toys.......well one in the same.....good luck bud.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:14 AM

well the one limb is damaged pretty bad. the cam, i guess when spun all out-a-whack, came up and hit the limb. this cause a small ding inthe cam. the string string doesnt look to bad, but i bought it brand new, i want it like new again whether it is good or not.
and i am just assuming here, but what if there could be a potential "stress fracture"not visible to the eye onthe limb that doesnt look damaged? I am just saying, I bought the bow brand new, its going on 3 weeks old today. I dont want to shoot the bow wandering if something is going to explode it my face. You could say that I am over acting about this, (maybe)...but i dont want any worries, and i want it like new....and...I MISS SHOOTING MY BOW.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

A few years back we used to hear of how many times a bow was test dry-fired at the factory (might have been Hoyt).

Is this no-longer the case?

Are new bows today one arrow slipping off the nock from catastrophic failure?

I know a dry fire is to be avoided at all cost, but I’ve seen lots of post over the years where the result was “everything looks OK, but I guess I’ll have my dealer fully inspect it”. No it’s damaged limbs & cams?

Old 02-23-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not so sure you can blame this on your roommate. You knew to begin with that he didn't know anything about archery equipment. You should have either explained to him about dry firing or you should have kept it out of his hands. You said it happened while you were not looking. Why did you let him see it and not watch and explain to him not to dry fire it. However, if he got into your bow case and started messing with it while you were away without your permission then I agree with you.. You have all the reason in the world to be mad.I would say you are looking at 300-400 $$$.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:01 PM

goherd,
pretty harsh comments coming from someone who doesnt know the whole story. next time, i guess to make sure i add every detail and every word that had been said prior to the moment when the bow was dry fired.

i read on here all the time about how everyone bickering back and forth with each other and how it needs to stop. Now i know exactly how it feels. it does hurt. I spend over 1000 dollars on a setup that immediately becomes my pride and joy and now u are blaming me for letting the kid hold it. i was 3 feet beside him sitting on the couch try to rewind my video camera to show someone the footage of my buddy and i shooting from 10 mintues earlier. u read a very breif summary of what happened and think it is in your best interest to blame others. Very mature, very kind, you are a great person. and plus all i asked for in the first place was a quote, not someone's rude comments.

if u want to know a little more about the situation, that guy owns over 5000 acres in kansas who grew up on hunting. i had let him shoot my old bow several times. he, in fact, did claim he knew what he was doing. but in the mean time... good talking to you!
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Go herd it wasnt archdeerkillerboatech's fault. I'm one of his other roommates and the kid who did it thinks he knows everything about hunting and yes he does have 5000 acers in Kansas and shoots a lot of deer.

Quick Reply: Breaking the Guardian down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.