Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you thinks these work

Old 02-22-2007, 05:07 PM

Default do you thinks these work

T.R.U. Bowstring Accelerator Balls Silence your bowstring while gaining up to 12 feet per second in arrow speed with these machined aircraft aluminum balls. Simply move the ball up and down your bowstring to quickly and easily adjust your arrow speed

Old 02-22-2007, 05:19 PM

Default RE: do you thinks these work

I would not think, so I have now experince so maybe.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont see how putting anything on your bowstring would make it faster.Am I wrong?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

I dont see how putting anything on your bowstring would make it faster.Am I wrong?
Yes.

Sometimes placing things at certain points along your bow's string will in fact increase your speed by several fps. The trick is finding where those points along your string are located.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Several companies already have such devices installed on the string. If on one of your cables, down next to the cam you have what looks like a piece of shrink tubing, chances are there is a brass nock or two in there for just that, gaining speed.

I took my factory installed string silencers off of my Vectrix and LOST 7 fps....I quick fast re-installed them.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes.

Sometimes placing things at certain points along your bow's string will in fact increase your speed by several fps. The trick is finding where those points along your string are located.
Thanks Dan, I really had no clue about that. Shows how smart I am. I've never heard of anything like this TRU product. Guess you learn something new everyday.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

They absolutely do not work. They were first generation "vibration reduction" so to speak. Been outabout sevenor eightyears. I ordered them out of a Cabelas archery catalog.We crono'd my old High Country Four Runner way back when they came out. It was always slower no matter where we put them. They claim there is a sweet spot, but I wore out the those little screws looking for it.Irhuntr is right, nothing put on makes a string faster.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe they work...but with today's top of the line bow's, what is to gain by increaseing your spped from say 308fps to 312? So many are obsessed with speed, but 308 is very fast in itself.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's all about the location. As noted by somebody else, there are "sweet spots" on the string that will add speed. Rubber Eliminator Buttons will do the same thing.

12 feet is a pretty hefty claim, though. I'd say that's a little bit of a stretch.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Several companies already have such devices installed on the string. If on one of your cables, down next to the cam you have what looks like a piece of shrink tubing, chances are there is a brass nock or two in there for just that, gaining speed.
Mobow, I've always wondered what that thing was. I got one on my Reflex and it hadalways bugged wondering what it was. Now I know, thanks.

Quick Reply: do you thinks these work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.