Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

do you thinks these work

Old 02-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: do you thinks these work

i knew someone here had success with them...

didnt you have to use several of them greg?? i remember someone here saying it was a PIA and they had to use something like 11 or 12 of them placed JUST right but they did work...

the thing i never got was why do you loose so much speed with stuff on the middle of the string..likc nock, loop, peep etc..but gain, or not loose so harshly from things toward the cams.

mo...does that mean im going to LOOSE speed with my reflex when i have a new string made and put on??? that would be terrible..i am going to ask for my old string and disect it...i dont believe you lol..i always heard id more than likely gain speed with a new string since they are made better and more twists or strands or somethin i dont know lol
Old 02-22-2007, 07:03 PM

mo...does that mean im going to LOOSE speed with my reflex when i have a new string made
Possibly.....Those were designed for those strings......A good set of new strings may be faster anyway. To be honest, I can't predict what will happen......But I assure you that's what they are, and they do work. Before you get your new string, chrono the bow, take those off, and chrono again. It'll be 3-5 fps slower.

Like I said, I took off my factory installed string silencers and LOST 7 fps.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do they work? Sometimes.

they reduce the vibration/oscillation of the string, so how much they work really depends on the bow and arrow combination and setup. 12 fps is a huge jump, I've more likely been in the 3-5 fps range.

They do however quiet the string down, again depending on the bow. I use to shoot a PSE Mach-8 that was noticeably quieter with them on. I now have a Hoyt ultra-tec and isn't nearly as noticable.