Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter Missing

Old 02-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Bowhunter Missing

I found this on archerytalk and thought it is important. I don't usually do links from AT but I think this is important.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=456323

Old 02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunter Missing

Prayers for a safe return. I don't like the part about his cell phone being found in a ditch!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

I just saw it too and tried to call my prostaffer TeeJay as he lives in Winona where the guys' parents live and where he was headed when he disappeared.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:38 PM

Maybe a Mod can make this sticky until this situation gets resolved.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:57 PM

Lets hope that they find him soon. The cell phone part does seem fishey.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats horrible ima subscriber and i wonder if it will be in the next issue of the mag.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Wadena not Winona. Winona is 250 miles se of here.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM

That's terrible. He is definately in my prayers.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

real sad. i feel for his family.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Thanks Ash for posting the thread. I'm going to paste it into here also.

ryan is a great person and this all is just to wierd. We need all the help we can get. Thank you everyone of the prayers and thoughts sent.

Dan Beraldo
Associate Editor
Petersen's Bowhunting Magazine

We need everyones help here.

Ryan Hamre, Associate Editor of Petersen's Bowhunting Magazine has been missing since Saturday morning the 17th in Rice, MN. Ryan is 24 years old, brownish/blonde hair, 6 foot tall and about 185 pounds.

Ryan lives in Nisswa, MN and his parents live in Winona, MN which is where Ryan was expected to be going Saturday morning. Ryan never showed up in Winona and no one has heard from him since Friday night. I'm attaching a report that ran in the Winona Daily News. there's a chance Ryan might have changed his mind and headed North to an Ice Fishing festical in Walker, MN (leech lake sp?). Ryan drives a dark blue 4x4 Dakota Dodge with a white canopy. It's very uncharacteristic of Ryan, he loves working with the magazine and is family guy with a great relationship with his father, mother and two sisters.

Please, anyone who lives in MN or happened to be in the Brainerd, Rice, Nisswa area this past week, if you happen to have some time, please keep an eye out for Ryan's Blue Dodge pickup or if you have any info, time to help looking, planes to help fly the area please contact the numbers listed

here are some numbers to call:
Nisswa Police Department at (218) 963-4301 or the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Department at (218) 829-4749.

also, here shortly we'll have a section on our webpage with pictures and updates on Ryan Hamre, please visit; www.bowhuntingmag.com

Nisswa man missing

Police seek Ryan Hamre, unseen since Saturday

By MATT ERICKSON
Staff Writer
Nisswa police are looking for a 24-year-old man believed to be missing since Saturday.

Police Chief Craig Taylor said Ryan Christoffer Hamre, of Nisswa, last talked to friends Friday, saying he planned to visit his parents in Winona over the weekend. Surveillance cameras recorded Hamre buying gasoline, oil and getting cash from an ATM at 5:53 a.m. Saturday at a Rice gas station.

What happened to Hamre after he left the Rice gas station isn't known, Taylor said. He never arrived at his parents' Winona home and hasn't contacted family members or friends since Friday.

"It's very uncharacteristic of Ryan to do something like this," said Ryan Hamre's mother, Pamela Hamre. "He never misses work. He loves his job. We've contacted every one of his friends. He has a lot of them, they have a kind of network, and no one has heard from him since Friday. It's very unusual."

Pamela Hamre said her son didn't mention that he was coming to visit them in Winona this past weekend, but had left a message at their house on Friday. She said it wasn't unusual for Ryan Hamre to visit without calling first.

Pamela Hamre also made a plea to the public to help find her son.

Nisswa police received a missing person report Tuesday after Ryan Hamre failed to show up for work and his cell phone was found in a ditch along Highway 10 near Royalton. Taylor said foul play isn't suspected but family members said it was uncharacteristic for him to leave without telling anyone.

"It's suspicious in that he's never done anything like this before," Taylor said. "Nobody's heard from him, not friends or family."

Hamre is an associate editor at Petersen's Bowhunting magazine, which is a division of InterMedia, the parent company of In-Fisherman magazine. Patty Harrison, an employee with In-Fisherman, said Hamre had worked with the bowhunting magazine for about two years. She said Hamre gave no indication to InterMedia that he wouldn't be in to work on Tuesday.

"He loves his job and it's unlike him to not call in and let either his parents or his employers know where he was," Harrison said Wednesday. "He's a very responsible young man."

InterMedia employees Wednesday planned to place posters featuring photos and a description of Ryan Hamre throughout the Brainerd area.

Hamre is described as a white man, 6 feet tall, weighing 175 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. He wears glasses and has a beard. He was driving a dark blue Dodge Dakota pickup and was last seen wearing a black jacket, a yellow polo shirt with stripes, blue jeans, black shoes and a gray baseball cap.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Nisswa Police Department at (218) 963-4301 or the Crow Wing County Sheriff's Department at (218) 829-4749.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and please keep positive thoughts for our bowhunting brother.

Quick Reply: Bowhunter Missing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.