Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Overall internet good or Bad for Bowhunting

Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Overall internet good or Bad for Bowhunting

That's right, Preacher. That's compounded by the fact that that there are a lot of folks who still take the old "an eye for an eye" stand.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:08 AM

i think the use of technology to further advance our sport/hobby/lifestyleis a great thing.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting...internet...

Good info...especially for thosewellversed in hip waders..
Good socially...made some great friends via the Net.
Good debate...you bet...
Good for typing skills...

Bad? My only concern would be what overallmessage is being sent to our kids/teens..and new hunters... Its so easy to focus on the negative in society today...the more quality folks we have onlinethe better because the net is the WAY of the future for our kids..
Old 02-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Troy summed it up pretty well.

As for keeping up with the Jones', competition breeds innovation, dontcha know.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Overall, I believe the internet is good for hunting. I've learned much from it with the help of many of you folks. For me this wouldn't have been possible without the internet. I feel thefirst hand experiance and advice which you get here, is priceless.No, seriously, I do mean that!
There will ALWAYS be differances of opinionon the net like anywhere else.I've learned to sort out the crap and the troublemakers and just focus on what interests me. I try to steer clear of the back and forth stuff as much as possible. I love HNI too much to allow someone else to ruin it for me. Come oooooooon Nov!
Old 02-22-2007, 02:42 PM

I like it because it has given me an opportunity to talk to and personally meet some of u who have turned out to be some of my best friends. I enjoy hearing you boys from the states talk about things because it gives me a whole different perspective. Things are a whole lot different up here as to hunting pressure, terrain, animals etc. Its always interesting to hear someone from a totally different area tell you about the land, deer, different seasons etc. As for debates well i do have some issues as i am always right and have difficulty with understanding people who disagree with me. Bad personal trait i am stuck with but thank my parents. [8D]
Old 02-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Good.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I agree with hearing from people from differant areas, I just wish more folks would say where they live!Oh yea, how long have you been a male dancer?
Old 02-22-2007, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: early in
Oh yea, how long have you been a male dancer?
Ha u picked up on that, well i started right out of highschool then have been doing it on the side to pay for college. I have one year left in college then i am givin it up, thank God as my hips are startin to go.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would say the goods FAR outweigh the bads. I know for me its been very good. Lots of info, made great friends, get to share in my passion that is bowhunting.

Quick Reply: Overall internet good or Bad for Bowhunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.