Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching jigs

Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Fletching jigs

Ok, im new here and from what i have read, you guys have probably answered this question many times. But I am just getting into bowhunting and was wondering how easy it is to fletch and wrap your own arrows? if its worth it? and what are the easiest fletching jigs to use?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching jigs

IMO it is easier to just go have them done at a bow shop, espically since your just getting into bowhunting.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I second the notion that if you are not going to be doing alot of shootin' slash tinkerin', let the bow shop handle it. But if you are going to do stuff like bouce arrows up into the kill zone of your 3d through a proped up piece of 4" PVC pipe like i do you may want to take up fletching! Just so you all know that is a quick way to strip your fletches but you may ruin a few arrows!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:48 PM

Much appreciated, I believe that I will just have them done at the proshop this time around. By the way solocamcan, I apologize for choosing a name similar to yours, I thought I was being creative, but apperently not.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the way solocamcan, I apologize for choosing a name similar to yours, I thought I was being creative, but apperently not.

Don't worry about it, it doesn't bother me.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Not to hijack the thread, but, what about the Jo-Jan 6 arrow fletching jig? My buddy just got one and did my GT 555/75 with 2" Blazers and it seems great. Pretty simply, and a couple arrows went threw the bag target(I know I need a new one) and it did nothing to the blazers. Anyone else using the Jo-jan?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fletching is easy and fun. But get a good jig like a Bitz.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Just curious, why are they better??
Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Bitz will last forever, so get one used and save a few bucks (my 2 cents.) The clamps are metal, so you can scrape glue off of them without damaging them as you might with a plastic jig. They are versitile and easy to use too.

Quick Reply: Fletching jigs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.