Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fletching jigs

Old 02-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Fletching jigs

Ok, but why is it better? The Jo-Jan is all metal, very simple, and you can do 6 arrows (one fletch at a time) at once, then either 3 or 4 fletches per arrow by turning a knob until it clicks into place. As long as the nock does not move while doing the arrows they are perfectly spaced. So, I take it, being made of metal is the advantage? Anything else? Just curious by the way!
Thanks
Old 02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a JoJan multi--been using it for about 10yrs or so and never had a problem with it.It makes a great arrow and I've done everything from cedars to carbons on it without a hitch.I tried a buddies Bitzonce and that is one real nice tool.Very precise and well made.I do like my JoJan though, and have no complaints about it.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok, but why is it better? The Jo-Jan is all metal, very simple, and you can do 6 arrows (one fletch at a time) at once, then either 3 or 4 fletches per arrow by turning a knob until it clicks into place.
Didn't mean to imply that the Bitz it was better then the Jo-Jan. Just meant to say to getone of thebetter jigs. I had a jig once that fletched all three at once, it was plastic and you had no adjustmenton it. Couldn't do a four fletch, couldn't change the degree of helical to match the shaft, etc. Sent it back after trying it a few times. Bought a Bitz and have been happy with it for years.