Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dry fire

Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 PM

Default dry fire

has anyone experience a bow that was dry fired? and what happened?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dry fire

I dry fired my new bow this year (first day I got it) because my release trigger broke right off, I'llnever use a Tru-Fire release again in my life. I was lucky enough that this happened at half draw but still was a bummer. Because this was a brand new bow I wasn't really concerned aboutany damage done. I checked over the bow and every was fine and still is to this day. My old bow, a High Country, was dry firedat full draw and that wasthe end of that things life.The top limb cracked pretty bad and the buss cable broke right off. I haven't done anything with it,it's just been sitting in my closet. Nowadays I always nock an arrow when I draw back. I always say I'd rather lose and arrow than have my bow broke.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad dry fired a PSE way back, and it exploded. I have friends that own a archery shop in IL and have seen a lot of BowTechs that have exploded while just shooting, I don't knowif they were of a particular model or year, but I thought that was odd.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 PM

yall think that is bad. as u may have seen in my recent posts of the pic of my BRAND NEW BOWTECH GUARDIAN....... how beautiful she was, her quietness, smoothness, etc... well she is no longer in service because of my idiotic roomate who thinks he knows everything about bows. he grabbed my bow while i wasnt looking, drawed it back, dry fired it, and what do u know.... cracked the limb, damaged the cam, string went flying off the cams, and the peep went flying off the string. i havent had the bow 2 1/2 weeks and it is going into the shop bc my roommate is stupid, retarded, soon to be dead.

this happened yesterday immediately after me shooting it. i turn my head for about 3 minutes and this is what i get. so, for those of you who havent learned from your mistakes..learn from mine. keep your possessions that you love dearest and take great pride in away from the hands of others.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i havent had the bow 2 1/2 weeks and it is going into the shop bc my roommate is stupid, retarded, soon to be dead.
Manthat really sucks. If I was you, he'd be dead already.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dude that is terrible! Is he paying for it? I hope so. I would have insisted on a brand new bow, if not, take his azz to Judge Judy!!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres a dry fire for ya.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:23 PM

Danggit motown, every time i see that pic i wish i would have taken pics of mine when my hand slipped, bow came back and busted my hand. Once the shock goes away it hurts like a bugger don't she. I bled like a pig too just bout as much as the elk i arrowed the next day lol.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM

he said he will pay for it. he may not have to bc of the warranty. we will see what happens. it will be in the shop for about 3 weeks

Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 PM

I dont think I,d be advertizing it for the warranty repair ?
If Bowtech finds out you mines well have your buddy buy you a new bow .
Bright side is he gets your veryt slightly used bow .
Amagine someone listing this 2007 bowtech on e-bay as only shot a few times , but no pics avalible.
Wow be careful what you bid on .

Quick Reply: dry fire

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.