Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dry fire

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dry fire

I had mine dry fire part way back it slipped and the string jumped off the cam . I did this just before heading out in the morning to go hunting. Luckily i brought it to the shop he put a new string on because the other got chaffed and after a quick sight in i was back out hunting in the afternoon.Boy was i thankful i thought I'd be out of business for a while .

[/align]
Old 02-22-2007, 07:36 AM

ouch!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM

I dry fired my Martin Panther a few months after I bought it. Scared the carp out of me. It looked like the bow was fine, but after dry fireing it I didn't exactly trust it. So I took it to the proshop where I bought it and had them look it over. The bow was fine and I can still shoot and hunt with it. Accidents can and do happen. Nocking a arrow every time you draw is very cheap insurance.
Chief

Old 02-22-2007, 01:24 PM

yup i draw fired my bow in the summer two year ago 1 week before the season and the peep came off and the sight got nocked off bad. it was loud never use a crap walmart release it opens up on same times for no reason
Old 02-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Bass Pro one day standing next to a guy who was looking at bows. He was drawing one backwhen he accidently released it, at full draw. It scared the hell out of me. It sounded like a rifle going off. Needless to say the salesmen were pretty pissed off. In some places if you dry fire a bow, you buy it.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was at Bass Pro one day standing next to a guy who was looking at bows. He was drawing one backwhen he accidently released it, at full draw. It scared the hell out of me. It sounded like a rifle going off. Needless to say the salesmen were pretty pissed off. In some places if you dry fire a bow, you buy it.
That happened at are proshop here.A guy dry fireda bow, scared the crap out of everyone except the owner. He was cutting arrows and never heard him. After he was done cutting the arrows the guy came up to him and asked what if someone dry fires a bow, he said you will end up buying it, the guy walked out of the store. I guess it didn't help that the owner is kinda on the old side with hearing aids.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 PM

yea some people are clueless... i'm one of archhunterbowtech whatever his name is roommates.. We were like what the world did you do! He was clueless that u couldn't dry fire a bow...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 AM
Typical Buck

i dry fired my bear the truth bow and there is a thing that moves out of place so the limbs dont break luckily it was only $10 to get it fixed.