Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scarey pics of exploded Drenalin

Old 02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scarey pics of exploded Drenalin

No you are wrong...that's Mathews new adjustable axle to axle length shooting system. You maymake fun of it now but just you wait and see next year everybody will be using it.
Not so fast my friend, next year Mathews will have a harmonic dampener in it.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

This was the explanation by the shooter. I really don't know or care how it happened........either way it had to be a scarey scene.

Picked up my new 30" 70 # drenalin yesterday, had the bow shop rig it, STS, Limb Savers, Leaches, shot it probably 30 times, drew the bow, next thing I know I am on my knees and the bow shop owner is asking me if I am alright, the bottom limb broke in half at the pivot point next to the riser, something hit me in the mouth, knocked me down, parts went everywhere.
This is not true. This bow did not break from shooting .....
Old 02-21-2007, 12:04 PM

I'm honestly not all that suprised, nor will I be if a Guardian or two has limb failure. Both Mathews and Bowtech are using new limb designs this year that they haven't really in the past, so its no big suprise that they'll have a problem here and there.

Glad to hear that the shooter wasn't hurt any worse than just being hit in the mouth.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

This was the explanation by the shooter. I really don't know or care how it happened........either way it had to be a scarey scene.

Picked up my new 30" 70 # drenalin yesterday, had the bow shop rig it, STS, Limb Savers, Leaches, shot it probably 30 times, drew the bow, next thing I know I am on my knees and the bow shop owner is asking me if I am alright, the bottom limb broke in half at the pivot point next to the riser, something hit me in the mouth, knocked me down, parts went everywhere.

What broke it??
Old 02-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

That pic has been on many archery forums.. I don't think it was broke by just shooting it..Come On!!! I've heard every thing from it was sawed half way through, broke in a bow press, in a auto wreck. I think it was staged to bash Mathews..Why would some one do that to an $800. bow? Who knows, but it might make people think twice about buying one, and to some companies that might be worth it. ( maybe the Company that has issues with their limbs breaking?)The Limbs would'nt break at the thickest point. Mathews was contacted about this Bow and they heard nothing about it. (Cover UP) NOT!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

One more reason why i am getting a Hoyt!!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

What broke it??
it has been admitted on AT that that limb was ruined in a bowpress. Also, a search on this forum will find that Mathews engineers and warranty techs have never received that bow for a limb replacement, which is unusual.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad whoever was shooting it wasn't hurt. That is one of the fears that I have when shooting is having itsnap, granted i'm not that good looking of a guy but I don't want to get any worse
Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Red Hawk

Glad whoever was shooting it wasn't hurt. That is one of the fears that I have when shooting is having itsnap, granted i'm not that good looking of a guy but I don't want to get any worse
noone was shooting it ..... bow vise
Old 02-21-2007, 01:08 PM

I think it was staged to bash Mathews..Why would some one do that to an $800. bow? Who knows, but it might make people think twice about buying one, and to some companies that might be worth it. ( maybe the Company that has issues with their limbs breaking?)
OMG are you serious? This takes the cake as the most ridiculous post that I have ever read on this forum. Are you honestly suggesting BowTech purchased a Drenaline just to break it, take pictures and post them on the internet in hopes of preventing them from selling as many? Dude, put the pipe down and back-away!

Quick Reply: Scarey pics of exploded Drenalin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.