Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody see Ted, last night??? QDMA type question.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Anybody see Ted, last night??? QDMA type question.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The reason for my post was.....Ted's comments were/arein DIRECT CONFLICT with Dr. Kroll's recent article in NAW.

Dr. Kroll professes that there's NO WAY to know if a spike is (I'll use different words) "genetically inferior" when it's 1-1/2 or even 2-1/2.

I'm not trying to put words into Ted's mouth. I promise.
I'm not trying to read anything into your post, GMMAT. I, too, am a Ted fan. I haven't seen Dr. Kroll's recent articles on the subject, but I am going to read them as soon as I can.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:16 AM

I saw the show also and jochs is correct. Ted was referring to 2.5 year old bucks. I also believe a spike at that age is a sign of inferior genetics.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Turc

I saw the show also and jochs is correct. Ted was referring to 2.5 year old bucks. I also believe a spike at that age is a sign of inferior genetics.
Yes. I saw the show too and he did in fact say 2.5 years and older,and i agree with Turc that it is probably a genetic problem at that age. Maybe not as much at 2.5 as it is at 3.5yrs. At that age they should definitely be taken out of the herd if you want quality deer in your herd.