Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help from the PSE guys

Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Spike

Default Help from the PSE guys

What do you know about a pse fireflight express compound bow? Are they any good. I have a buddy looking for a bow and I found one for $125, is it worth it? It comes ready to shoot.

Thanks Bub
Old 02-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help from the PSE guys

Hard to say, probably is a good bow. The only thing I always wonder about is I see that bow and some other PSE's in BassPro or Cabelas, but never on PSE's website or brochures. Obviously its a PSE, but ya know. Probably a good bow Im sure, and for $125 that sounds good.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kdsberman

Hard to say, probably is a good bow. The only thing I always wonder about is I see that bow and some other PSE's in BassPro or Cabelas, but never on PSE's website or brochures. Obviously its a PSE, but ya know. Probably a good bow Im sure, and for $125 that sounds good.
I agree with you.. I see different models of PSE bows in different stores and other places but they never seem to be on the PSE web site. I think its kind of fishy. IMO PSE is a brand of the past.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Worth a look!

I've seen different fireflight bow so it's hard to tell which your talking about. They sold for just over four hundred a few years ago. I didn't care for them then. However, I am of the opinion that bows are not always set up by people who know what they are doing so that could have had something to do with it.

Always loved my brothers PSE, thought it was a sweet bow. Shot it last year after he told me it had problems. I shoot with an open hand and a wrist sling.Don't notice my 05 Hoyt ProTec very much on the shot. His PSE all but launched itself down the lane. Took me by surprise.Still would buy it from him. It's 12+ years old.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately not the smoothest model PSE has, but for that price its worth a look.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 PM

my friend has a fireflight bow and he really likes it and ive shot it to and i like it to
Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 PM

I bought a PSE silverhawk a few years ago from wally world when I was just starting out. Looked on the website and never could find it, but the other day I was messing around looking at bowfishing stuff and there it was. Figured out its IBO was a whooping 230 lol
Old 02-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Fireflight 33 AC, and I love it. I would say that for $125, it is worth looking at.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

But can it kill a "modern" deer ? Unlike the antique 30/30 , acording to the post in the gun forum.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds more like an older bow.. from the 80s-90s.. I had a buddy that shot a PSE Fireflight Express for many years back in the 90s.

But PSE has used the fireflight name on many bows over many years. Would have to see pics to tell you for sure. If it's an older bow.. I definately wouldn't give $100+ for it.

Quick Reply: Help from the PSE guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.