Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what do you think

Old 02-18-2007, 07:09 PM

Default what do you think

i'm a ground hunter and i'm thinking about the double bull matrix. this year i got busted for moving when i was calling 2 times and i saw the biggest buck ever in my life.i hunt mostly hill side public land with out a ground blind should i get the matrixs or do what i have been doing. i did harvest a doe at 10 yrds. no blind
thanks all

Old 02-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what do you think

I would recomend gettin up in a tree. Theres no more successful way to hunt. I think that if you use a Double Bull it will be tough to take a mature buck becasue they just seem to pick them out unless they are brushed in EXTREMELY well. If you gonna hunt the ground i think the best thing would be to build a natural blind with a ton of good cover especially behind you to break up movement.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I totally agree, forget the blind and take to the trees!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Trees are better, but blinds can, and do, work. I shot a doe from 12 yards out of a Matrix this past fall.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have harvested deer from both treestand and ground blind , so ether way will work .
If your gonna get a ground blind then get the best , get the Double Bull Matrix , I use the the T5 and I'm thinking of getting the Matrix.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

a big hay bell and some good camoflauge has been my best bet to get within 20 yards of a pope and young class deer
a natural blind will work best
Old 02-18-2007, 08:41 PM

cant get in a tree i'm BIG BOY
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definatly go with the natural blind. If you definately want to hunt with a blind the RDHunter said it best...the matrix is the way to go.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The double bull is a great blind, just remember to set up the blind in the area you've scouted the buck and leave it there so to get him use to it being in his area. I've seen mature bucks within 10 yards of a blind set up 5 days prior. Best of luck.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:51 PM

Stay with what you are confortable with. From what I am understanding is you are hunting public land. I do as well. So setting a blind up and leaving it in placemight not be a good option (with possible thefts). Go with a camoflauge bur-lap. Easy to set up and take out when you are done. Minimal cost and if it comes up missing your not out too much. I always hunt from the ground and I try to use natural cover for the most part. When I am scouting I will know if I need the burlap or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.