Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

Old 02-17-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

what is the weirdest thing you saw in the woods. my was when i shot at a doe the season and onthe next day me and my dad came back to look for my arrow and we saw 3 fox and we didn't see any when we were hunting. so the next day i shot a big doe and we tracker and my dad leave with my bow,pack,and seat so he leave and i gut my deer and sit down to rest my back and i hear saming out in the grass and its organe and its poping though the grass then a big red fox jumps over my head and then jumps on a dead tree and then ran and jumps of the cliff. it was CRAZY
Old 02-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

I don't have one but my grandpa has quite a few. He was in Alaska and they were bear hunting and flying around. It was something like that but anyways the bear ate a bunch of plastic and it came out the other end. It was strewn out over a bunch of brush. I've seen some pretty crazy things I just can't really think right now.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:17 PM

I saw a pack of Coyotes run under my stand up to the corn field above and start calling. Suddenly an owl flew through the valley and began to call. Then many other owls begans calling back. One by one, from across many valleys.

The mixture of coyote howling and owl calling was enough to send shivers up my back and make my hands tremble.

I was supposed to get out of my deer stand and walk back to the cabin in the dark. It is a long walk. I was scared to death.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not really weird or strange but it is unusual for this part of my state .
My friend and I where walking to his treestand and this little fella comes out to say hi.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:24 PM

sorry for the bad spelling[&:]
Old 02-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah talking about owls, there was an owl that was hanging out right by our birdfeeder and it ate a mouse every once and while when we were watching it and one day it just fell straight out of the tree. Went and picked it up with a pair of gloves and all there was too him was skin and bones.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Not really weird but annoying I was hunting in Georgiaand as the sun came up instead of a rooster crowing I had to listen to a Jackass braing for about 2 hours if I would have seen it I would have shot it it was driving me crazy!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 PM

While sitting in a tree stand a friend of mine had an owl swoop down while flying over him and take his hat right off his head .
He found his hat a few days later .
I guess it was the wrong size or something ...LOL...

Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

i had a flock of turkeys roost in trees only steps away....not weird, but pretty neat
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

The weirdest has to be when i saw a HUGE racoon chasing a squirrel.
He chased him up a tree and the squirrel stopped,turned and face the coon.When thecoon got within a couple inches,the squirrel jumped over the coon and ran down the tree.It took what seemed like forever to me for the FAT coon to get turned around and back down the tree.I thought the coon lost the squirrel but about 20 minutes later,I see him chasing him (or another squirrel)again about 100 yards away.

I literally laughed out loud.

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.