Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 PM

Default RE: Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

Whoops, I just realized that I posted about a shotgun incident in the archery forum. Sorry about that, didn't realize the forum when I saw the topic.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is mnessed up! he jumped off a cliff?

i was in the woods doing spot and stalk and i spotted a small buck and he started getting nervous around me becuz i didnt see him till i was close and so i had to act like i was another animal. i pretended to eat plants walk on all 4's, etc. bu it works. ive had to do that a couple times and it always works out for me
Old 02-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

im fine with hunting in georgia considering i do all year
Old 02-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

A Rabbit and a Squirl fighting over a Corn cob, when there was a hole field of it a short distance away. But the other night the Wife and I were watching TV when we herd something running down the wall to the closet, I got up to take a look, and it was a White Ermine! He must have been after a Mouse, He can stay!
Old 02-18-2007, 05:37 PM

yup jumps rate off the cliff
Old 02-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I've had a hawk take a squirrell off a branch about 5 ft away from my stand while he was barking at me for being in his tree. Sounded like a jet plane. I had a owl try to take my head off. I was sitting perfectly still, I think it saw my eyes moving. But the coolest was a bobcat stalking and taking a squirrell out of a tree about twenty yards away. The squirrel was about twelve feet off the ground(eye level), and the bobcat jumped grabbed it and had it dead by the time it hit the ground. Not a single sound, except rustling leaves. He ate it, cleaned himself and fell asleep right on the forest floor. It was awesome. This stuff is as much a reason that I bowhunt as shooting a big buck......almost
Old 02-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Last season a turkey landed on the branch above my head, and you guest it, turkey poop! I moved and the thing took off like a rocket.

This past season I saw a squirrel attack a doe and latch on to her face, dont know what they were fighting over but it must have been pretty improtant. The bad thing was I had drawn back for a shot at the doe, oh well.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

i had a tweety-bird land on the edge of my coffe cup one morning and get a drink...man o man was he hyped up after that!!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:54 PM

I think about the craziest thing i ever seen was this time i was sitting on the ground because i forgot my tree steps that day so i sat under a big spruce tree after a few hours i heard some rustling in the leaves and it sounded big also it was coming my way... so i get ready for what sounded like a train comin through the bush and it gets closer and closer finaly i see the biggest fattest racoon i have ever seen kind of waddling along trying to run i start laughing and wonder what he was running from well then i see what he was runnin from it was a big fat red squirrel puttin the run right to him all i could do was laugh i think he must have gotten into his winter storage or somethin cause that squirrel was right mad it was quite funny i never seen any deer that day but that made up for it...

happy hunting and straight shooting..

browning_xcellerator
Old 02-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

there was the time my uncle thought it was a good idea to go to his stand at 8 am

Quick Reply: Weirdest thing that you saw in the woods

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.