Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hottest bow?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hottest bow?

Bowtech has caused the most buzz so far I think because of the new design, but I think when the dust settles, Hoyt is going to be the top seller this year.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Host of Hosts

Bowtech has caused the most buzz so far I think because of the new design, but I think when the dust settles, Hoyt is going to be the top seller this year
I think your right. The Bowtech Guardian had definately cause the most buzz. But Hoyt has already sold a bunch of bows. The other guys waited to long to release their products. I say if you don't plan on releasing them until spring you shouldn't tell everyone about them in late October early November. Alot of people just don't like waiting that long.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Bowtech Guardian had definately cause the most buzz. But Hoyt has already sold a bunch of bows. The other guys waited to long to release their products.
I know they've been slow to get out (much better lately) but if you guys knew how many Guardians have been ordered it would blow your mind.[:-]

The "Hot" bows for 07' areDEFINITELY the Guardian/Commander, Hoyt Vectrix, Mathews Drenalin and growing fan base for the Ross Cardiac.
I've shot them all quite extensively to really try and take something away from each......not just shot them once and form an opinion.
(Its part of my existence to be able to objectively compare other models to Bowtech's to see how the productsstack up.......sorry I can't share those thoughts other than Bowtech will be just fine , so don't ask. LOL)
I worked a recent bow sale for Bowtech where they had those models and more set up to shoot.......and I heard every comment imaginable about all 4 of them as people went down the line. It's absolutely AMAZING to see and hear one person's reaction to a bow, and no exaggeration, the very next person will have the exact OPPOSITE opinion.
The brand loyalty ,even when the opportunity to try other bows is presented, was also suprising. Many guys just refused to even pick up another brand and compare. It's a shame.

I can't reiterate enough to shoot everything you can get your hands on even if you have a preconceived notion of what you want going in.......you just might be surprised at what you find.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

I get all the bow books well not all but a couple do a lot of reading on them but it all boils down to what you like just as anything goes but being a bowtech man I would say the GUARDIAN , for one i have shot it with the DREnnalin , ROSS cardiac ,the new BOlogic and a couple of hoyts and i say this not because i own one but with each one set on 65lbs the BOTECH line not just the guardian but all bowtechs and Diamond bows out shot the rest on 65 lbs I switched from Mathews for this reason i get more speed and penetration from the bowtech bows than the rest of them with less poundage , i would rather get the speed for distance , and penetration, from less poundage , which everyone knows is easier to shoot than buy a bow that takes 70 - 75lbs to get the same results i did this test at BOWMAN BOBS archery in wva . take the test yourself at your local archery shop but to each his own .... with that said its all what a fella or woman wants in a bow and the ross is a very nice bow as is the rest of them thanks guys and good luck