Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Public plea to Simms

Old 02-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Public plea to Simms

Will you guys PLEASE...........lose the Gi Joe camo and start putting out some stuff in the most common patterns of today.

I'm sure they aren't having any problems selling products but if they were decked out in Hardwoods HD, Mossy Oak Brush, Max-4, and the regulars I don't think it would hurt sales.

Simms is not cheap as is so I think those that already buy it would be willing to drop a few more dollars for a better look.

I know I would.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:01 PM

Default RE: Public plea to Simms

I like the idea but I think it may cost Simms alot to take on such an endevour. I believe that the camo on their products is actually just the color of rubber they use and not a film dip finish like other stabilizers, and to be honest, I am not sure if they could even dip the rubber or not and I would think that it would be nearly impossible to produce the rubber with an accurate description of one of the popular camo patterns.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive got a black S Coil
Old 02-16-2007, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

I like the idea but I think it may cost Simms alot to take on such an endevour. I believe that the camo on their products is actually just the color of rubber they use and not a film dip finish like other stabilizers, and to be honest, I am not sure if they could even dip the rubber or not and I would think that it would be nearly impossible to produce the rubber with an accurate description of one of the popular camo patterns.
Yea........I think it is just multi colored rubber but the enhancers and cable dampeners and stuff is the same drab stuff.......they might have some mossy oak I think.

This is new for 2007 and looks like it might be hardwoods......just found it on their site.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:28 PM

O yeah, never even thought of those. Hopefully they produce the enhancers and such in the popular patterns. I have the Stealth cable rod dampener on my bow and it would be nice to have it match.

On a side note, why is it that we as hunters are more worried about our accessories matching the camo on our bows than the clothes we wear everyday
Old 02-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen Atlas, im with you on this one
Old 02-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

I was thinking the same thing when I bought my S-Coil. Hardwoods would look good with
my Hoyt.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure that it's not very easy to make Rubber camo'd other than the way they are currently doing it.

If you think about it.. the way they've been camoing in the past.. they tend to bring out the colors in the camo matching whatever camo is on the bow.. Kind of smart if you ask me. That way they don't have to have 10 different camo patterns to match whatever camo pattern that's on your particular bow. I personally could care less.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Little Doe Peep

I love GI woodland camo!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Can't hurt to ask.Can't say I'dpay more.