Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally received items due from Summit

Old 02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Finally received items due from Summit

Quite a while back I posted a thread explaining the problems I was having with 2 very well know outdoors/archery related companies. Some of you might remember and again to those who offered advise thank you.

Anyway long story, short. I purchased a Summit Razor SS climber back in mid October. I took the stand home and proceeded to assemble it. I noticed that the box didn't contain the Summits Skins. For those who don't know. They are self adhesive camo cloth/foam tape custom cut to apply to your stand to be used as a sound dampener and camo.

I checked the box and sure enough the packing list on the outside said that it should include the skins. Well the following Monday I called Summit and explained my problem. The customer service person said they'd get them right out to me.

I waited 3 weeks and after nothing showed I called again. This time I was told that the skins were defective and they were left out of the packaging on purpose. I asked why I wasn't told that 3 weeks earlier and the excuse was that sometimes regular office folks help with the phones and they didn't know about the problem.

I then was told that they were expecting new product anytime.....Fast forward Nov 20....still nothing, contacted them by email this time....Was told....We are hoping to have them sent out around Christmas depending on how busy UPS is around that time give or take a week... Fast forward

Jan 2 contacted again by email......Story this time...Finally got the product last month and the new supplier just got the dies to do the cutting so they should ship in the next week or so....

Still nothing......I finally had enough and contacted themlast Sunday via email again.Itold them that I was done with the excuses and was filing a complaint with the BBB.....3 days later my skins arrived via UPS.. There was no note, no apology, no nothing in the package just the product. Also no answer to the email this last time. This has to be one of the worst cutomer service departments I've ever delt with.

I'm done with Summit for good, no way in God's green Earth I'd ever buy another product of theirs, ever. How would you havetreated this if it were you?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Finally received items due from Summit

I think you were more than patient with them, and have every right to be upset. I personally think you handled it extremely well. I would report them anyway.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:29 PM

I have had nothing but great customer service from them.

The above statement means absolutely nothing to anyone but me. I got crappy customer service from Bowtech and most people drool over how great they are to deal with.

I don't think any company has a spotless record of 100% satisfied customer service claims..........the mere fact that most people are unhappy to begin with makes it an impossible task. They could have handled it much better.

I hope they never treat me that way because I love my Summit, but what they did to you was wrong and I would feel the same as you do.

Spending your money elsewhere is really your only option at this point.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

No one can blame you for being Mad, They had more than enough time to make things right with you!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good grief that's insulting.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

they didnt explain to you that the OLD summit skins were "defective"? they didnt stick all too well...take it from me...better you didnt get the originals now that mine are on...if my new ones come ill have heck getting them old ones off i bet..maybe ill let it sit outside in the freezing cold...somethin will need done lol. but i emailed them in the fall when i seen signs at a store saying the summit skins were bad and to contact them. they said when the new ones are done im on the mailing list..we will see...

the only other time i had to deal with them was when i bought my stand..the seat was missing 1 of the sliding buckles for the seat. told them i just needed the buckle...well 2 or 3 days later(REALLY REALLY quick) i had a whole new seat at my door. i was impressed..

you were definently patient..and got every right to be mad...paid for something that wasnt there and no explanation of why...
Old 02-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Host of Hosts

I just heard from a customer service rep on this site. He sent me a private message basically taking the heat for the cutomer service people. Although I respect the fact that he's standing up for his people and I thank him for contacting me. It still hasn't eased my frustration with them. I think they make great stands, but I can't get over how they seemed to not give a rats behind until I said I was going to file a complaint. I should never have had to write them that email. I'm not a vendictive person. I just expect to be treated as they would like to be treated if the shoe was on the other foot.

Thanks again guys for you thoughts. I won't trash them any further. Its done, Its over.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:51 PM

If yer wanting to sell them......I just might be interested.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Host of Hosts

Are you talking about the skins or the stand? Neither are worth.... Nope I said I was done with them. I won't say it.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never had to deal with their customer service as I have never had any problems...... well.....except for being to comfortable while in stand

Quick Reply: Finally received items due from Summit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.