Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The best hunting show?

Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: The best hunting show?

Realtree Roadtrips and Gettin' Close.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The best hunting show?

First off hunting shows are "huntertainment".. It is what it is. I rarely watch shows during daylight hours, I have too many other priorities. But I do use my DVR and when I find some downtime; usually after Iput the boys to bed, I will watch a show or two that I have recorded to unwind. I decided a while back look at hunting TV for what it was. That way I could just enjoy those shows that provide me some form of entertainment or education.

I like "Cody Robbins" He's a kick, makes me laugh and is a good hunter and camera man in Saskatchewan. He's Jim Shockey's camera man/muledeer experton the show. I like theWhitetail Addictions show in that they represent the DIY hardcore whitetail bowhunter, Tom Miranda in that he was an original trapper that worked his way up through the ranks. I like Stan Potts and Jeff Miller, I get a kick out of Stan, he makes me laugh when he gets all cranked up..and I feel that Jeff really understands whitetails, he learned from 40 years of hunting the big woods of Wisconsin. Read his books they speak blue collar whitetail hunter, Yes he's got it great now but he worked his way up, more power to Greg.I like Eastmans since they hunt out west and are DIY hunters of public lands, I can relate to that. I like "Deer and Deer Hunting" for their scientific emphasis on the whitetail deer. I like A-way Huntings father and son combination..these guys seem like very nice/kindmenthat work hard and getto live out their dream as father and son hunting team, that's cool. I alsouse theirr bowgrunter plus call. They make a great turkey call or two as well. I always watch anything the Wensels produce. These guys hunted and lived in North Western Montana for decades. The habitat there is alot like mine, I have learned some good tips and tactics from these men.

I dont know any of these guys personally. It may be way offfrom what I see on TV, but hey, it is what it is and at the end of the day, its entertainment that keeps me connectedwhen I can't be out in the woods myself.