Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We're losin' em'

Old 02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default We're losin' em'

Guys we are losing the people who very well make HNI the place it is. The ones we come to know and look for their insight are now becomming inactive and lurkers. We lost Germ, davidmil, Rickmur, and now GMMAT is gonna be a lurker and not put in his insight. A few weeks ago it was Rob lurking. I honestly dont like the way this is heading []
Old 02-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: We're losin' em'

Cougars i am new here at HN but i have read their posts and they know their stuff what are they getting the axe for? Or can we not talk about it?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really dont think if a few people quit posting this site is gonna shut down. There are all kinds of people on this site with loads of knowledge and insight, give them some credit. I for one still enjoy this site as much as the day I joined.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would love for someone to pm me and tell me why davidmil and rickmur got axed for?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

I really dont think if a few people quit posting this site is gonna shut down. There are all kinds of people on this site with loads of knowledge and insight, give them some credit. I for one still enjoy this site as much as the day I joined.
Thats hardly the point.

The people who post here frequently develop relationships with one another and over time we start to become a family. When one member of that family (or in this case quite a few) decide to pack up and leave, it hits us all pretty hard. True, we'll get new members who will post just as much valuable information, but we still lose those people with whom we developed those relationships.

I'm sorry to see things come down to this and I've honestly considered giving HNI a break myself. With so many people leaving this place is just going to feel weird for awhile, but I know we'll push forward and make things work.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Listen guys, the WORST thing to do is keep posting this negative stuff. There are things going on in the background with all thisthat we don't know about, to make it better. I feel if some need to take a break, they should. Let's face it, this is the internet ... we all have real life families that we need to take care of. I love the peeps I have met on here, but if a FORUM starts affecting my home and work life in a negative way, the preacher will take a little break too....

That being said, you that have taken a voluntary leave ..... hurry up an gut yer punk smelly butts back in here as soon as possible! [8D]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: drhntr178

Thats hardly the point.

The people who post here frequently develop relationships with one another and over time we start to become a family. When one member of that family (or in this case quite a few) decide to pack up and leave, it hits us all pretty hard. True, we'll get new members who will post just as much valuable information, but we still lose those people with whom we developed those relationships.

I'm sorry to see things come down to this and I've honestly considered giving HNI a break myself. With so many people leaving this place is just going to feel weird for awhile, but I know we'll push forward and make things work.
ive contemplaited it myself, id lurk and send pms and whatnot
Old 02-12-2007, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Thats hardly the point.

Wash, you act as if someone died. Ifmembers becomethat close of a "family" they'll keep in touch by phone or email. As PreacherTony said, "this is the internet." We all have lives outside of here (Well at least some of us do). I enjoy reading many other members post but if someone decides to leave its not going to bother me. Thats all I have to say on this topic.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coug,

Are davidmil and rickmur really banned? or is this just speculation? I don't know about rickmur but davidmil always seemed to conduct himself very well. I just can't see him doing anything worthy of banning.

Beyond all else, I think some of the boys here just need to grow up. Offer your input and if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to listen to it. Leave it at that. Why reciprocate exchanges when it's not going to change the other person's mind one bit? And even if it does do you get some sort of medal of honor? And if you do, how does that further you? It doesn't. What it boils down to is the impenetrable male pride. It's a little embarrassing to see grown men bickering like emotionally imbalanced women. Some of you are old enough to be mygrandpa so get over it already, this is just the internet.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've really slowed down in my posting here as well. In my case, it's more due to the fact that I felt I was spending an excessive amount of time on here. I decided I needed to chill for a while. I've quit posting at work (for the most part) because I felt guilty about being on here when I was supposed to be working .

Also, it's the off season and I need to take a break. After being hardcore hunting 24 / 7 for three months I've just lost the fire a little bit. I don't want to get burned out, so I'm taking a breather. Believe me, when the weather warms up and hunting season gets closer, the "regulars" will be back.

Quick Reply: We're losin' em'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.