Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

Old 02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

ORIGINAL: indianahunter83

Why not just sharpen the leading edge of it, glue it to the shaft, and have a bigger hole!
Haha...now thats thinking!
Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

They don't look very cool! That'd make for an expensive 3D round....
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 PM

My guess is that they would have a pretty loud whistle going through the air. Funny thing is , if this is what we all started with and then vanes and feathers came onto the scene as the new invention , we would all praise the new inventionbecause they stay put after the shot and you don't have to spend hours looking for your nocks LOL.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

[:@]What If [:@]
When you use them on the lanes and your used to shooting tight groups. How much do they start costing after destroying a few each day by being hit from another arrowwhile practicing. No where is this mentioned!!!!!
youngfart[]
Old 02-11-2007, 10:12 PM

Wel , they claim to be quieter than vanes but still wouldn't clear my set up.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:41 PM

I think they look pretty sweet. I am interested to hear from one of you who has used them, a true opinion, not testimonial. I am definately going to try them first though. Too iffy.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Spike

FOB's! I took a doe with them a couple years ago! Yes I had a pass thru, and the FOB feel off not more than a couplefeet from where my arrow exited the deer. It helped me locate the blood trail as well. I looked down to see the FOB and then just looked up and saw my blood trail. I use arrow wraps on my arrows, so finding my arrow after the shot isn'ta problem.

They work as advertised and when shooting at the range they fly better than anything I have tried to date! I especially like the way they steer my broadheads! The Generation 1 they have had out for a few years weighs in at 25 grains. The Generation 2 coming out now is about 22 grains and is said to be even more efficient down range. Meaning that shooting vanes past 40 yards and shooting the GenII's past 40 yards would produce an FOB arrow hitting higher do to the flatter trajectory.

Two main reasons this product was developed. One, Paul at Starrflight didn't like fletching arrows. He and his friend shoot year round in the field, stump shooting and small game hunting to prepare for the big game hunting season. Fletching all his arrows took a lot of time. Two, Paul and his friends love shooting large fixed blade broadheads. They like to shoot them at 280fps and faster. Conventional vanes wouldn't allow them to stabilize the broadheads. With the 1.25" FOB they have achieved field point accuracy with even the largest of heads.

All I can say is give them a try, I did and I liked the ease of installation, and my arrows fly better than ever.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The link is blocked at work. Can someone post a pic?

Thanks

Tom
Old 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Turbo nock nock off. A little bit different, but same basic concept.

Paul
Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Turbo nock nock off. A little bit different, but same basic concept.

Paul
I actually think that FOB's have been around longer than the Turbo Nocks.

I may be wrong, but I know they've been out for at least a couple years now.

Quick Reply: New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.