Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

Old 02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

Like somebody said earlier, you'd really have major clearance issues with your dropaway. If I had a dropaway rest and the time to waste - the FOB is something that I would definitely consider checking out. But, since I use feathers, I never have problems with vane damage, so for me, it would be a senseless pursuit.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

interesting approach . It might have some merit in the design but i think there is some bugs to be worked out . I'll let someone else try it and let them tell me what they think

[/align]
Old 02-11-2007, 03:20 PM

They may work. I'm not saying they do or don't, but why would you want a fletching system that flies off when you hit the target? Then you have to go searching through the leaves for your fletching so you can use it again.Just doesnt seem practical to me.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

They may work. I'm not saying they do or don't, but why would you want a fletching system that flies off when you hit the target? Then you have to go searching through the leaves for your fletching so you can use it again.Just doesnt seem practical to me.
Thats part of the point of them. The FOB pops off after passing through theanimal and helps you locate where the animal was standing at the shot.
Says it in one of their videos.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:45 PM

I know it says it on their video. It's a stupid idea. If you have something that isnt glued on and it hits and object it is going to going flying back when it impacts the object. It is not going to just hit the object and pop right off where the deer was standing. JMO. I'm sticking with the blazers. They get the job done.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I know it says it on their video. It's a stupid idea. If you have something that isnt glued on and it hits and object it is going to going flying back when it impacts the object. It is not going to just hit the object and pop right off where the deer was standing. JMO. I'm sticking with the blazers. They get the job done.
Matt, I'm with you on this .....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:38 PM

i wouldnt put any money in them
Old 02-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Might be a good Idea, but I probably wouldn't buy it just on it's looks. I like the sleeker look of flights..JMHO

Crutch
Old 02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

might work but i agree with most good thinking/stupid idea
Old 02-11-2007, 09:16 PM

Why not just sharpen the leading edge of it, glue it to the shaft, and have a bigger hole!

Quick Reply: New Kind Of Arrow Fletching (video)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.