Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to disinfect the Germ

Old 02-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time to disinfect the Germ

Germ,

Shake it off big fella. Your one of the good guys here. We need guys like you. I think there are times when we all need a little break from the forums..now and then. Its easy to spend to much time in a place so addicting. Give it a couple days, get outside, and come back an continue contributing. I personally have been impressed at how you handle yourself on this site and it takes a good person to step up and say they are sorry.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Troy
Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Germ

You might want to reread the forums rules by the way. In very fine print...by registering/joining you give up the right to leave the forum. If you do...HNI has the right to take your first born ( your wife if no children ), ayears worth of your pay and a nice truck should you have one. That will begiven to the moderator of the forum you frequent the most.

If you don't believe...How would you explain Rob's luck in life in the last year or so???? [8D]

Seriously... hope to see you posting again in the near future.

Tim

Old 02-12-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Germ, It was nice meeting you at the deer spectacular in Lansing this weekend please dont stay away long i to love to read your posts!!! Walt
Old 02-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

What??? Come on man you can't just leave. You attacked me on my first post ever and after a little bashing back and forth we were looking for leases together, which BTW I can't find any so if you have had any luck let me know. This is too bad. I enjoyed your humor and outlook, and now there is one less person to back me up on the "no scents" and "call only as a last resort" responses tothreads. Well man, I hope you havegreat luck hunting.

I would hope that you would reconsider sometime. Most of the bad moods are a result of the time of year I think.Itgets dark early, it is cold and miserable outside, no hunting, etc. Everyone is edgy and in a constant state of depression. It will be better once the weather warms up and the sun is out long enough to enjoy.Atleast that is my hope.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Germ dont go! Who's gonna teach me how to spoon???

In all seriousness, sorry to see ya go, hope your time away is short lived we'll miss ya.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you on the fact the people take this forum way to seriously. To me to let yourself get so worked up that you resort to personal attacks over a bowhunting topic is sad.I've got to give you your props for stepping up and admitting your wrong. Godd Luck and God Bless.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two years ago at our gun camp my dad's uncle Stubby, who's been hunting with my dad for over 40 years, made a melodramatic announcement that he was all done hunting. He said he lost the passion and that it just wasn't fun anymore. He was almost crying when he said it. He vowed to sell his guns. He even left camp early that year. It was the saddest day I've ever seen at a deer camp. Me and my dad were really shocked. What would deer camp be without Uncle Stub?

You know what? Stubby couldn't stay away. He was right back there with us the next year. He even started bowhunting again after 15 years of gun only. I bet you anything Germ will be back. It's too hard to stay away from something you love so much.

That said, I understand the need for a break. I'm taking a "break" myself. I haven't posted in a while but reading this reminded me of Uncle Stubby's "retirement" and I thought I'd share that story with you guys.