Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to disinfect the Germ

Old 02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Time to disinfect the Germ

Germ, I hope that your vacation is short lived. You seem to be one of the few that truly understand hunting for mature bucks. I hope to see you around.

Greg
Old 02-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm shocked your leaving take a break and come back in awhile

[/align]
Old 02-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to see ya go, you were one of the guys that made the site what it is(in a good way). Hope you stop by from time to time, and will decide to come back. Until then you'll be missed by many.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, this place needs people like you!
Old 02-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Bye Germ, come back soon.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Germ,

I don't really know anyone here at all, and this is my first forum membership as well.However, I wouldlike to say a couple of things for your spirit to chew on.

Firstly,this forum is like a small town. Back in the day there were fewer residents, and everyone probably knew one another pretty well. Your character and those of your piers are the foundation of whatever exists here today. As time went on I suspect the town grew to include all sorts of folks who found it to be cozy, quaint, refreshing, entertaining, informative, empowering, etc.... These folks are no different than your "generation." They seek the same things, have the same goals, and basically aspire to change in some way ,or they wouldn't put forth the energy to be here. It's the rule of the bathroom theory, the more people who live in the house, the more extensively they need to cooperate to manage the use fairly.

So, as time goes on in the same small town one may begin to feel as if the walls are closing in, and that forward momentum is lost. Everything looks greener somewhere else, etc.... Long-time residents develop associations, cliques, friendships andworking relationships that are comforting in a world where change is imminent. That's how we get through it man! I left my small town in Illinois almost 13 years ago, and since then I have developed many new friendships and working relationships. But, the older you get, the more you realize that old friends are best. I have pondered a couple of times what it would be like to have to start a new marriage after 10 years. I can't fathom that! The love, pain, joy and heartache of those times has cast the die for me. It hasn't always been the way I or she probably wanted it, but here we are, and I love every single day.

When I left home, I thought there was nothing there for me. Oh how wrong I was. If you run from mistakes, you just keep running. They catch up and you know that. As far as I am concerned you made ammends for whatever it was you figure your infraction was by standing up like a man and posting what you did here. I will be on the religion site here at HuntingNet in the morning, as there is not a Lutheran Church in this town. Come on down and ask for forgiveness/direction or whatever floats your boat. Don't just give up. I havn't even met you yet.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM

wow this is kinda drepressing
Old 02-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does this make me a lowlife?

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gary,

You know how I feel, it's a total shame that the childish behavior of a few ruin the experience for many. Your a valued member of HNI, level headed, a voice of reason and comical. I understand but at the same time am very saddened by your decision. It was my pleasure being a teammate and I hope your here next season. We might not be part of the same team but we'll tear it up like we did this year. We didn't win but we definately had the most fun talking about winning. [8D]

In life we will always come across lowlifes that wish us harm, stress or anger. We need to realize there is good in everyone even when we can't see it immediately. Gary, we have lovely wives, you have beautiful children, we have great homes and jobs we enjoy. You and I will always be friends and I look forward to shaking your hand one day. We have each others numbers and will talk again soon. I hope you reconsider and just click the ignore button on the children.

Good luck my friend.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

Germ-

I have enjoyed reading a number of your postings.Sad to see you go, but you have to follow your heart. Just hope you will return soon.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Please don't be gone too long Germ, I can't do the Hunting contest thing alone. I'll see you in June as well. Go recharge the batteries and come back!!!

Quick Reply: Time to disinfect the Germ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.