Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to disinfect the Germ

Old 02-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Time to disinfect the Germ

Hate to see you go[] but you better come back
Old 02-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Germ, if a website has started to affect your spirit, to where you are saying and/or doing things you wouldn't normally .... I am with your decision.

I hope it's only for a little while, as the few months I have been here, I have enjoyed your humor,and you knowledge of the hunting area maps.

Germ, think about this though .... if you DON'T come back, I'll track you down and roundhouse kick your dog [8D]
Old 02-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Germ... Come on man.. we've had fun. I know your a Michigan fan and quitting is easier than toughing it out..but don't let the crap get in the way of the solid friends and knowledge. Besides Jeff's gonna let you have it for announcing your leaving <kidding>

You leaving will not change anything in the BIG picture.
Take a break, if you feel it's needed, that's all good. But don't say site be damned. Only good blokes will turn this thing around and your one of them.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

The Germ... don't let the crap get in the way of the solid friends and knowledge.

You leaving will not change anything in the BIG picture.
Take a break, if you feel it's needed, that's all good. But don't say site be damned. Only good blokes will turn this thing around and your one of them.
Well said GR8
Old 02-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Gary,

You know how I feel, it's a total shame that the childish behavior of a few ruin the experience for many. Your a valued member of HNI, level headed, a voice of reason and comical. I understand but at the same time am very saddened by your decision. It was my pleasure being a teammate and I hope your here next season. We might not be part of the same team but we'll tear it up like we did this year. We didn't win but we definately had the most fun talking about winning. [8D]

In life we will always come across lowlifes that wish us harm, stress or anger. We need to realize there is good in everyone even when we can't see it immediately. Gary, we have lovely wives, you have beautiful children, we have great homes and jobs we enjoy. You and I will always be friends and I look forward to shaking your hand one day. We have each others numbers and will talk again soon. I hope you reconsider and just click the ignore button on the children.

Good luck my friend.
Rob, I have never had any problems with you myself, but the childish behavior was not only from the members, there has been childish behavior on the mods side of the fence to. As a long time member here, I have first hand witnessed the targets painted on other members backs for personal reasons. If you deny this, you are just simply looking the other way.

I would think as a mod, you would refrain from name callingfor people expressing their opinions. Some of the people you are refering to "lowlifes" and "childish" are good people. It is too bad you don't see that, as you have turned people against the site and against you that would have previously called you a friend.

As I have not attacked anybody or challenged you, I would guess my post shouldn't be deleted, but with the way things have been lately, I imagine it will be gone in no time.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the analogy goes, what is ,is what is. Did I get that right?

While we are on the subject, sorry Germ.

IL, some of what you say I will take respondsibility for. I will step up and say, yes, some of what you say is correct. However, that is no longer tolerated and I for one, will not lower myself once again. I did, I publically apologize to the board and it's members. Some will only take this and ridicule it, I expect that. I made some mistakes, I let a few get the best of me which is out of character. I've been here longer than most, there are a few with lower ID #'s than I but not many. I remember a time when these boards were very simple. I miss those times. If you want to place blame where blame should be cast, look at me. I'll accept a level of blame. I had a good interaction between another member and thought an issue was settled but later learned how incredibly wrong I was to trust said individual. While he was interacting in a respected manner, he was stabbing me in the back at the same time. While I'll take a level of blame, in the end it's what is in the best interest of HNI that is now my priority even if I stepped away from that. For every negative comment, slander, attack that is made I get 3 thank you's. The good outweigh the bads, always will.

For those of you who deserve my apologies, again I say I'm sorry. There are others however I could care less about as they've stated quite clear, it is what it is.

As for a mod, name calling. I didn't call anyone a name. If I said, so and so is a child, that would name calling. If I said you are a child, that would be name calling. Telling Germ to ingore the children only projects that the circumstance exists and if someone is offended by such then said person projects the name onto themselves.

Just like I or anyone else saying there are losers in every aspect of life. There are evil people looking to do nothing more than to cause chaos. In these two sentences I've called no one a name. Any indidual is more than welcome to project themselves into any catagory. Just like I can say there are great people in life as well. There are good people in life. There are fake people in life, and there are adults that act like children. Again, which place in life each person is can only be viewed inside ones own heart.

Anyway, there you have something to run off and pick apart and slander me with. Enjoy.

I know I've been condemned for things that I have no part of but in respect of my fellow mods, I'll take the blame if it takes the blame off them. It doesn't affect me either way. HNI will survive, there are some fantastic members here who get it. I spoke with Todd Graf on the phone yesterday when I called him on behalf of his teammates. I'm really excited about the future of HNI. I hope everyone enjoys their continued stay into the future. Great things are coming out way. Peace.

ps, I didn't move this post for one reason, I'm not about that as I once was. I ruled with an iron fist while on my "vacation" and it was wrong, it was black and white here for a while. I want to apologize for that too. We are a more tolerant bunch as long as forum rules are followed. I will move posts I think are better in another forum with a notfication to the author for the reason. The way it should be done, again another apology given.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyway, there you have something to run off and pick apart and slander me with. Enjoy.
Rob, I would like to think you have known me long enough to know that is not what I am about.

Thanks for the response and I hope that all that are still around can move forward from where we are at right now. Like others have said, every few years there is a blow up. Some leave some stay. Things will return to normal in a bit, but until then, we all have to be aware of the issues at hand and all do our part to make thingsbetter.

Once again, thanks for not wiping my post out and letting me speak my mind. I have no ill feelings towards anybody that is here, nor do I have any ill feeling towards those that have gone.

Have a good weekend!!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 AM

I think the last two post are signs we are in the valley, Things are going to start looking up, unless you desire to grab a shovel. Well said by both!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Germ, in the immortal words of Beaver Cleaver......."Gee, Wally." I guess I've missed some posts lately. Of course, I understand why Germ would be leaving. Seems like a lot of people around here like to put others down quite a bit. I've got HNI on a permanent browser tab but don't read/post much because it seems like its either an argument and insults or some poster making you wonder if its a prank post. Who really gives a ratzazz what bow someone shoots or what clothes they wear? This site, which is what it is because of the posters/members, is definitely not what it used to be. That's too bad. But all things change so, as Rob more or less stated, "it is what it is". Germ, I hope you check in once in a while. The place is better with you. Good luck.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to see you go Germ. I have read many of your posts and enjoyed them. As for all the other "crap" that has been going on, I hope it stops. I agree with Rob, there are lots of great guys on this site. I hope everyone on here realizes what a unique and educational place this has become. The soap opera behavior needs to stop, and the commaradarie needs to start growing back. Just my .02

Shane

Quick Reply: Time to disinfect the Germ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.