Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

Old 02-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

Anyone have either one of these sights? I think I am narrowed down to these 2 but any other suggestions would be welcome for a hunting/3D sight.

I like them both and I'm not really sure if either has any negatives.

The Viper

The G5

Old 02-09-2007, 08:58 PM

Default RE: Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

I would not reccommend that G5 to anyone.

have you had a chance to check it out in person? Those pins are about as bright as I am when it comes to adding my 5-spot scores.

They aren't bright at all without a light on them. If you plan on hunting any low light times, I wouldn't use this sight.

I can't say anything about the Viper as I haven't seen/used it.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have an Optix, it is a sweet sight. Very light and the micro adjustments work great on it.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know.. I was actually just about to post on this same topic. I hope I can get some honest answers on the G5.

(I'm not trying to steal your thread Atlas.)
Old 02-09-2007, 09:00 PM

I'm in precisely the same quandry......I was also looking at the G5 sight, but from what I hear, it's better if you can slide the sight out away from the riser, like on the Viper.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

have you had a chance to check it out in person? Those pins are about as bright as I am when it comes to adding my 5-spot scores.

They aren't bright at all without a light on them. If you plan on hunting any low light times, I wouldn't use this sight.

I can't say anything about the Viper as I haven't seen/used it.
I agree with what WH said about the G5. I also have not seen the Viper in person. I have a whitegold radient and love it.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I have an Optix, it is a sweet sight. Very light and the micro adjustments work great on it.
I just order it for my ROSS, I guess it is out, LOL

Motown has the G5 Atlas PM him, but I use G5 broadheads and they are top notch company.

IMO you can not go wrong with either. For me it would be what looks good on my bow
Old 02-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the viper. Those long fibers bother me though. How do you take the head of the site off? Changing a pin seem like it would be a job. I've seen some of the .10 pins in the viper broken. Maybe they are too fragile.

G5's seem to short for me, buta good workingmicro adjust is important.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I was at Gander today and they have them locked up like they are made of gold or something. They are in a glass case and inside a box besides.......I didn't feel like going through a retinal scan just to see one so I didn't bother. I have not seen the pins exposed.........and I don't know anyone with this sight yet.

They aren't bright at all without a light on them. If you plan on hunting any low light times, I wouldn't use this sight
There have been times when I couldn't see my pins (in thick stuff) and it wasn't time to get down yet but mostly it's not something I encounter very often.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any experience with the G5 but I do have (2) of the Vipers and they are an excellent sight. The pins are very dim on the G5 sights I have looked at though and even though they bright, I replaced the factory fibers in my Viperwith Fitz fibers.

The pins are easy to change and if someone broke a pin onthe Viperthey were definitely doing something they shouldn't have been doing, they are very beefy stainless pins.

Quick Reply: Viper Microtune or G5 Optix ME??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.